The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strut Bar Question

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Strut Bar Question

Ok I am looking at gettin a strut bar for my 2002 es. My question is and yes i did a search and was unable to find it or possibly overlooked it but will a bar fit when it says 99- or for the eclipse when it says 00-. Thanks for you input.

clone2020
    Struts bars for 1999- eclipses will NOT fit your 8G. They're not long enough and the 3 hole pattern isn't even close.

Strut bars for 2000+ eclipses should fit your 8G.

I think strut bars made for the 2003 Dodge Stratus will fit too but I'm not sure.

-Mike.

i meant 99- up galant and then 00- for the eclipse sorry. So will the 99- galant fit

the strut bars for the '00+ eclipse will fit any '99-'03 galant. the only difference comes when the strut bar attaches to the firewall also... in the eclipse the firewall is closer to the engine than in the galant so that third point for mounting will not reach in the galant.

Alright so then i assume the 99- galant would fit even better?

wouldn't really matter. so far there isn't any strut bars made for the 8g galant that reach the firewall that is in mass production. to piggyback on what reelax is saying, the strut bar from the eclipse will still bolt in and work fine, its just that if it orignally attaches to the firewall on the eclipse, then it won't reach on the galant.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

clone2020
    Be careful when the items say, "1999- Galants". Some sellers think that the 8G started in 2000 models but they started in 1999.

You might be getting a 98- part if it says 99- Galants.

-Mike.

Thanks guy you have more than answered my question.