The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU UPGRADE

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

ECU UPGRADE

I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE AVERAGE PRICE AND GAINS FOR GETTING MY CHIP UPGRADED

AND IS THERE ANYPLACE ELSE OTHER THAN JETCHIPS WHERE I CAN GET IT DONE

Faction
    Yeah dude, you can go here and they have direct replacements for our Galants tuner galants of jacksonville

01GalantLSV6
    average price- 250-600 dollars

average gain- 0 whp

where you can get one- you still want one?

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:BLUE'> Faction, what kind of link was that? it sends you to the search page. ("Boo! Hiss!") </span>

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:blue'> If it doesn't give any gains in WHP, what the hell is its purpose!? I hate it when they make things that seem like they help our cars and they just are a big waste of money. "Damn dirty apes!"</span>

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    [quote=NYmagicstk]<span style='color:BLUE'> Faction, what kind of link was that? it sends you to the search page. ("Boo! Hiss!") </span>
    thats the point
    hes tellin him to do a search

Faction
    [quote=NYmagicstk]<span style='color:BLUE'> Faction, what kind of link was that? it sends you to the search page. ("Boo! Hiss!") </span>

You would know if you weren't such a n00b!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    confusious say

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:blue'>Faction you're a fucking idiot.</span>

Faction
    [quote=NYmagicstk]<span style='color:blue'>Faction you're a fucking idiot.</span>

STFU...did my answer satisfy your question?

faction is right. use the search and you shall receive.

the sad part is, the answer is in the FAQ forum that has the following descroption

Quote Originally Posted by toc8g
    Ok guys I know this question has been coming up allot so here it goes.I used to have a jet chip for my 2000 I-4 Galant. I had a Injen CAI, and custom 2.25 cat back exhaust w/performance muffler. I also had a AEM cam gear but it was untuned. I added the Jet Chip when their wasn't really a big selection out their,. Remember when us OG's were modding we were excited to just have a intake and muffler. So in came the Chip.
    I didn't really notice in low end help but I did notice great highway climbing speed. You know that feeling you get when you are almost accelerating out of control,..like that. I would say about 4000rpms and up you really notice the difference. Highway speeding was good ,..it was real good. Street basically the same nothing special and to top it off you gotta use 91 oct or better. At the Drag strip I ran a consistent 17.8 but at that time after I got the AEM cam gear installed I never new that my timing was off. :shock: So after my timing was fixed damn the car almost felt like a whole other beast! I was beating V-6 all over the place.
    But Remember when they do the Jet Chip they calibrate it towards the mods you have on your car presently and then send it back to you. You have to fill out a questioner before you send it. I personally would have gotten a few more mods if at the time they had them before I would have gotten the Chip. I would at least make sure to have, CAI, wires, mandrel bent exhaust, header, performance muffler,...these mods at least then it might be worth while. And remember what you get sent back to you is only for the mods you send them on the questioner So later if you get say a FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) or wanna Super AFC ,....hmmm I wonder how well a Jet Chip ECU and SAFC would work together???
    I guess bottom line is if you have simple bolt on’s like intake and muffler,..save you money you will see little difference. Personally I wont get another one till i get a few mods and I think I might try the Jet Chip and SAFC combo! And remember guys all this is just my opinion and findings from my personal experience. Feel free to add to this whoever has more info!

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.