The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake project underway (no more fan)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39
    Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar

intake project underway (no more fan)

i got rid of the fan under the hood and im in the process of working on a dry ice intake. the following pictures are of the skeleton for the intake box. ive noticed there is a small gap between the headlight and bumper so that is where the air will come from. i have a filter lying around in the garage so im going to cut that up and use it on eather side of the box (there there is open spaces in the pictures) a locking latch on top with hindges, like a door. to keep it held down im going to use the screw holes that held the stock intake box. im also working on a way to use regular ice when dry ice is not available.

god bless you

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>the fowling pictures </div>
    i dont see any birds??

ass

wouldnt regular ice freeze up mighty quickly

you mean melt?

that too hahah

Censee
    is that a neon zip tied under ure engine???? where ure fan was?? :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>is that a neon zip tied under ure engine???? where ure fan was?? :?</div>
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/KRISP...03/000_0049.jpg

01GalantLSV6
    its a bad idea. it creates condensation on the inside of the intake, which runs the risk of hydrolock. it will barely improve perfomance and will fuck with your air fuel ratios. get an aem or injen short ram and call it a god damn day.

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>is that a neon zip tied under ure engine???? where ure fan was?? :?</div>
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/KRISP...03/000_0049.jpg</div>

dont ever me, ,,,,,,,i was right,,, u do have a neon where u have ure fan.....i dont see why the link was posted as if to correct me ...

01GalantLSV6
    hey man dont be a dick, neons zip tied to the engine compartment are ill shit.

so ill, it makes me sick.

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01GalantLSV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey man dont be a dick, neons zip tied to the engine compartment are ill shit.

so ill, it makes me sick.</div>

fine fine,, i apologize.....i feel so bad now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

theblackpearl
    buy my short ram injen intake for 140 bucks and your good!

if you're going to use dry ice, make sure your box is sealed away from the intake, as co2 is not combustible and will slow you down, and make sure the box has a way to vent excess pressure or it may go boom. it should vent the pressure to somewhere away from the intake to prevent power loss from the injestion of the co2.

condensation will most likely not be enough water to hydrolock a motor, unless maybe it is .00001 liters (the engine size, that is).

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee
    dont ever me...
    LMAO

when is we gon be free????

Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    if you're going to use dry ice, make sure your box is sealed away from the intake, as co2 is not combustible and will slow you down, and make sure the box has a way to vent excess pressure or it may go boom. it should vent the pressure to somewhere away from the intake to prevent power loss from the injestion of the co2.

condensation will most likely not be enough water to hydrolock a motor, unless maybe it is .00001 liters (the engine size, that is).
    i was told someone did this to an eclipse and a blow off valve was needed to relive pressure when not in motion. since this has been done ill look for it on the DSM forum and compair notes.

a blow off valve isn't the design you want. you want something like a radiator cap that will hold the pressure up to a certain amount, and relieve everything beyond that, routing it to the wheel well or something.

huh i hadent thought about the wheel well, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast