The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuse box

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Fuse box

I need the fuse layout for an 04 galant gts. Pic would be preferred. The one on the driver side once you open the door. Not the one under the hood.

Cmon, anyone with a 9g...? I just need a pic of the fuse box. Wouldn't take ya but 5 minutes to take pic and post.

Really. This is pathetic. Not a single person out of the 20+ views took the time to help a fellow Galant owner out. That aint right. What's the point of this site? Figured it out without any of your help anyways.

No, the one in the dash you open the drivers door.

Or this might help you out more.

Thanks. Just needed a reference to see what was a matter with my fusebox.

Hi guys I just joined this site 'cause I need some advise from someone who knows Galants. I didn't want to start a whole new thread (I know the admins don't like people creating new ones without searching for their answer first).

I got an 04 with a 4cyl...whatever the cheap model is. Anyway, the right brake socket melted itself and separated from the contacts on the bulb. Since the parts store could not get me that little part, I bought a universal socket and cut it down to replace the metal half of the OEM socket (the outer half which snaps into place is plastic). So I identified the tail light, brake, and ground wires and made sure it sat snuggly in place.

THEN...stupidly, I was making my final connections with the lights on and the bulb out. You can guess what I'm about to say...I shorted the tail light wire against ground WHILE IN USE. I'm a seasoned installer. I should know better, but I was in a rush, the sun was going down, I was cold 'n distracted.

Here's the problem. Right after the small zap of the short, the other smaller tail light (corner light, small bulb) which are part of the same circuit, stopped working also. Meanwhile, the left-side lights all work normally. So when I went to check the fuses, they were fine...as you would expect due to the left side still receiving power. One more thing, the backlights for the heater controls don't work anymore either.

I checked every fuse in the driver's side kickpanel/dash. Everything else works...all other tail/brake/backup/blinker/head/dash/dome lights, door pins, cigg lighter, the heater controls themselves, the radio...everything works except the right tail light and heater control backlights.

How is this possible? Is there another hidden set of fuses that the average, or even above average car owner wouldn't know about?

I looked at the wiring on the inside of the trunk, even though that zap was so tiny. There wasn't any visible damage to the harness or pins. I don't think any part of the wiring melted due to my negligence. (its not even really possible with a 7.5a fuse on the circuit.

ANY ideas?
    Do the left and right sides have indepent fuses/relays?