The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reset the SRS indicator light on instrument panel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Reset the SRS indicator light on instrument panel

How do you reset the SRS light on the instrument panel? I think I accidently unplugged the sensor and now the light stays on for good
    2004 Galant LS

the srs is for the safety system. which sensor did you unplug? and why?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

well... I kinda sorta had the same problem with my Engine light. I know the problem is with the O2 sensor, and I jsut don't have the money to get a new one sooo.... I just took out the light from the guage cluster and said I'll put it back when I get the 02 sensor replaced. you might even want to try to reset the ECU and the Air Bag Computer. Just disconnect the battery over night and then plug it back in and maybe that'll work. Just a thought.

srs/engine check light

usually if you unplug the battery for about 15 min, it should go off...

Youll probably need to have it shut off.. I dont think the SRS light will reset even if the battery is unplugged.
    Although it doesnt hurt to try.

i was kinda wondering how to disable it since i have an aftermarket steering wheel...but i was just going to take the light out...

my SRS light has been on ever since I got my tranny replaced...since it's not an engine code, the OBD2 reader will NOT reset it. you have to go to the dealer to have it reset...this is what i've been told...

I unplugged it by accident when I was looking for the wires for the right front speaker wires. Anyway I think I will try and take it to the dealership and let them know that it came on when I was installing a new speaker on the car on the passenger side. I believe that it can be reset with a scan tool that can access the srs module. The mitsu service manual tells how to do it.
    2004 Galant LS

Well turned out my front SRS impact sensor is shorted and it was covered under the Basic warranty, which is out now. The part cost $44 but the total repair would be $205 (w/labor)...ouch. Now I really wish I took it in when it was under warranty.

Has anyone repaired one of these before?
    2004 Galant LS

I highly advise on working on anything dealing with the Air Bag system, one short and your air bags will deploy and seriously hurt you, that's one to leave to the professionals with the proper tools, any other sensor sure.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Titanium04
    I'm having a similar problem. I was actually just taking out the Seatbelt and passenger airbag lights out in hopes of changing out the LEDs to blue so they'd match the speedo. However, I changed nothing...simply unplugged them, plugged them back in, they're still working properly, but now my SRS light is on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Can somebody tell me which light is suppose to be on when there is no passenger and also when is the seatbelt light suppose to be on?

I unplugged mine and now i cant remember which light is suppose to be on or off.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown_owner
    Well turned out my front SRS impact sensor is shorted and it was covered under the Basic warranty, which is out now. The part cost $44 but the total repair would be $205 (w/labor)...ouch. Now I really wish I took it in when it was under warranty.

Has anyone repaired one of these before?
    I have an 8G but my SRS light came on 2 months after I bought my car (~48000 miles on it at that time). the dealership gave me a 3 month/3000 mile warranty and it came on during that period yet when I brought it in to get an oil change slightly after that period they did nothing, so I did mess up but what ya gonna do, dealerships suck.

turned out I couldn't pass inspection with that on last year so I had to have the clock spring replaced. the part cost $80 and $50 for labor. my horn was also not working because of this part that had gone bad. so my part was located in the steering column whereas yours is an impact sensor and in the engine bay (not 100% sure on that).

Tech_Greek is right though....anything dealing with the airbags and stuff is probably a job the people with the right equipment and training should tackle. yeah labor can be expensive but so is replacing an airbag or something if you try and do it yourself. Consider bringing it somewhere other than the dealer...labor rates are usually lower at some shops.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

RollinBishiStyle
    If you are ever going to mess with anything with the SRS you should disconnect and wait 10-15 minutes for the backup to drain.

Titanium04
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    Can somebody tell me which light is suppose to be on when there is no passenger and also when is the seatbelt light suppose to be on?

I unplugged mine and now i cant remember which light is suppose to be on or off.
    No passenger, the "airbag disabled/off" light should be on. The seat belt light should only be on if there IS a passenger and they have not fastened their seatbelt.

Did yours throw an SRS light after doing that? Mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium04
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G

No passenger, the "airbag disabled/off" light should be on. The seat belt light should only be on if there IS a passenger and they have not fastened their seatbelt.

Did yours throw an SRS light after doing that? Mine did.
    yeah. now my passenger seatbelt light is always on(pass or no pass) and the pass airbag light always turns off.

This afternoon I was putting a bulb in the driver side signal light and when I get it to check it.....NOTHING....and the damn srs light is on. I'm driving around with no signal lights. HELP

btw sorry for jacking your post :oops:
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

The dealer reset the SRS lamp for me when I had them take a look at the warning, so the lamp is not on, but the sensor is still damaged. I have to have replaced it soon.
    2004 Galant LS

can a regular scan tool see the srs system or is it in a whole different world?

I don't think a regular scan tool can work. I think you need a CANSAT tool ( i think that's what the system we have is called)
    2004 Galant LS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast