The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Improving on 0-60 time on a G

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Improving on 0-60 time on a G

Ok so basically the G V6s 0 to 60 time of 9 seconds sucks when comparing to some others cars outhere. How do we improve the time:
    Increase the maximum power of the engine by making it rev to higher rpm. (Get a converter or do a swap right?)

Make the car lighter ( take the tire out of my trunk thats as far as im going my rims are lighter than stock 2)

Im thinking Ripp headers next because i cant find any other ones for the V6. What else is out there besides ripp headers for the v6

Around how many seconds can be shaved off with a stage 1 supercharger? stage 2 supercharged V6? Trying to see what my competition would be.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you can't aim to improve your 0-60. you can only aim to improve horsepower and torque since there's no measureable method to decreasing your 0-60. you can compare power to weight ratios, but then you have to start analyzing the power band, torque to hp, and other things too.

bolt-ons will give the car more pep, let it breathe a little easier, use existing hp more efficiently, etc. bolt-ons are cheap and easy to install, but in the end, every bolt on in the world maybe not even drop your 0-60 by one second (i'm talking for the 8G's weight class).

forced induction (in the V6's case, the easiest solution is a supercharger) you will significantly increase your horsepower and shave many seconds off your 0-60. ripp mods makes the supercharger kit for the V6. however, as anyone can tell you who's a rippmods veteran, you should stay away from the rip modds supercharger unless you enjoy rebuilding the engine or buying a new one. it's also a lot more expensive than your basic bolt ons.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Ok but I thought with stage 1 ripp mods SC the stock engine would be able to withstand the pressures. Im trying to educate myself as much as I can before I putting money into FI. Im at 90K on my car I want at least another 100K miles out of my car and to drive the rest of its life with a little more juice in it. SC . Is this possible? i have doubts if it will that last that long with using SC G for daily driving and if something breaks I lack the equipment to fix it.

well, no sh*t. they CLAIM the stage 1 SC kit can be installed on a stock motor. i can claim that i'm really the king of spain for all you know. (not saying you, just you in general). basically, the stock motor can't handle it. theoretically, it can. and technically, it can, for a while. but for some reason everyone who had the stage 1 sc kit blew their motor fairly soon.

for a long while, there were a TON of ripp mods SC kits for sale on here and on the 3g forums. cause everyone jumped on the band wagon and got screwed by ripp shit.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

damn don't you just love marketing...well im glad I came to this site you guys know what the real deal is.. i saw that their bolt on headers claim to 30+ hp.. but one of the members installed these headers on his V6 G and all he got was 9 whp for 1500 bucks. Ripp mods fired back saying there was something wrong with his car. I dont know who to believe but I dont think im ready for Ripp mods yet. Although, Im about to do my 90K tune up.Besides chaning belts, Im changin my sparkplugs and the wires are these any good(they claim 4-5hp increas is that BS or for real)?>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7995888086

im gonna go with NKG colder sparks just in case i decide to put in nitrous
    how about a recommendation on CC injectors
    by the way that tutorial for the 8G is looking good . im glad you made a thread on FI suggesting that we get a tutorial for us who are just getting into the insides of our Gs

Thanks

well don't base your decisions exclusively on my thoughts. i know next to nothing about the 8Gs but everything i've said is based off word of mouth from other members here. it doesn't surprise me ripp came back and said hte car wasn't working right after he only gained 9hp. regardless of who said what and what happened, 30whp on a V6 is pretty absurd just from headers.

colder spark plugs wouldn't hurt, get copper v-power from NGK. hope you do go the nitrous route, its fun stuff

you dont need bigger injectors, not even for nitrous. only when you're super or turbocharged, then you can venture down that fun-filled path. if you were to get a dry kit, then maybe, but you should be getting a wet.

1994 Galant GS 5spd