The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What to change along with timing belt?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RED2KESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>If the belt on the V6 is being replaced for the first time, at 60k, what, if anything, besides the belt itself needs replacing?</div>I would just replace the main timing and balance shaft along with the drive belts. just as was said before the tensioners and idlers and water pump can be changed on the 120k+ tiiming maintenance..</div>

Huh? Balance shaft in a V6? Ya sure about that? I know the 4's have one, but I've never heard of a V6 having one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RED2KESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chbuzz)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RED2KESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>If the belt on the V6 is being replaced for the first time, at 60k, what, if anything, besides the belt itself needs replacing?</div>I would just replace the main timing and balance shaft along with the drive belts. just as was said before the tensioners and idlers and water pump can be changed on the 120k+ tiiming maintenance..</div>

Huh? Balance shaft in a V6? Ya sure about that? I know the 4's have one, but I've never heard of a V6 having one.</div>yeah my bad I was thinkin 4 cyl..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12