The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got My Oil Change Today And...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Got My Oil Change Today And...

after they were done at with my 72,000 mi oil change/check up. they brought me a list of things that i need to get done:

vavle cover gasket
    MD310917 $73.58
    MD198128 $11.73
    MD311638 $3.73

ESTIMATE FROM LEWISVILLE MITSUBISHI: $203.23

Coolant Clamps (upper & lower)
    clamp $1.00/ea
    MZ311986 $22.35

ESTIMATE: $155.35

Front Roll Stop
    MF272203 5/$.20

ESTIMATE: $120.00

Rear Roll Stop
    MF272204 5/$.20

ESTIMATE: $223.20

Plugs & Wires & boots
    MD311638 $74.86
    MN1158977 2/$25.34
    MS851357 $3.90/ea

no estimate given

i dont know about you guys but thats around $701.78 worth of work. what the hell are roll stops and is that something i can do myself? and also i just replaced my plugs at 69K miles and i have 72.6K now can that be possible that theyve fouled that soon? and the upper and lower coolant clamps should be brand new too due to my new radiator from my recent accident. are they fuckin with me or do u guys think its about time for this?? i kno i need a new valve cover gasket because there seems to be alot of oil/grime creeping down my head. thanx for the help guys
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Re: Got My Oil Change Today And...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    i dont know about you guys but thats around $701.78 worth of work. what the hell are roll stops and is that something i can do myself? and also i just replaced my plugs at 69K miles and i have 72.6K now can that be possible that theyve fouled that soon? and the upper and lower coolant clamps should be brand new too due to my new radiator from my recent accident. are they fuckin with me or do u guys think its about time for this?? i kno i need a new valve cover gasket because there seems to be alot of oil/grime creeping down my head. thanx for the help guys</div>

The plugs, wires, upper and lower coolant hose are probably recommendations based on your mileage, nothing more. If they have been done than you can subtract those off your estimate.

yeah, they're estimate are based on computer program in the Mitsubishi database. Unless you specify the problem to them directly, they'll use the same ol' BS tactic from the computer. You don't have to do all what they ask, just the ones that really matters to your car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Eh if all that really does need replaced, do it yourself. $22 for one coolant clamp....BS!
    7g for life!

just get the gasket done when you change you timing belt at 90k. chech you radiator hoses, if they look bad just do it yourself. when 90 hits get a full tune.

i already got my timing done at 60K. what is a front/rear roll stop

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>i already got my timing done at 60K. Â*what is a front/rear roll stop</div>

something to do with the motor mounts I believe but I'm not for sure.

roll stop

roll stops are motor mounts

yep theyre motor mounts. do you think those went out due to the impact of my accident?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>yep theyre motor mounts. do you think those went out due to the impact of my accident?</div>

they could of. or they could have just gone out cuz of old age. not sure how much damage your accident caused.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

seems pretty realistic to me, as long as you need it all done.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Why is the vavle cover gasket so much????????????????? I got my vavle cover gasket and the Plugs seals for less than $30 and changed them my self.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(njjfudge)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why is the vavle cover gasket so much????????????????? I got my vavle cover gasket and the Plugs seals for less than $30 and changed them my self.</div>

Mitsu charges hardcore for everything. A single VR4 360cc injectors costs $280 at my local Stealership.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    When I go to work tomorrow, i have a listing of almost every part on the 8G with part#'s and prices. The dealer by law, cannot change the list price an item without just cause, i.e. wholesale price going up or a company mandated increase. Example, one dealership cannot charge $75 for a valve cover gasket when the dealer 3 towns over charges $30. On part price increases it has to be done by an entire group or region of dealerships, be careful your not getting taken advantage of. If I were you, I'd call the next closest dealer and ask them for a price on the gasket and if its less money, buy it there and do it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS