The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: headlight problem

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

headlight problem

ok so i currently have Sylvania Silverstars installed on my car, but ever since I cleared my corners, I have noticed that when I turn my headlights on my right side headlight is very dim. like the left side is mad bright and the right side is super dim and dull. after ten seconds of turning the heads on the light heats up and gets brighter but not as bright as the left light. I checked the harness and the right headlight harness, one of the terminal had melted one of the plugs. how do i suppose I fix it?? is there any remeday or do i have to buy a new harness. I think all I need is the connector so can I buy just the connector or do i have to buy the whole harness?? It's really quite annoying so any help would be appreciated.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

just

Buy a new connecter and just put the wire where they come from the old connecter. I think the easiest way.

thats what i was thinking. but what caused it to melt??? i know its not the bulb cuz the left side is perfect
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

TGC Regular
    New harness from auto zone...silly :idea:

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats what i was thinking. Â*but what caused it to melt??? Â*i know its not the bulb cuz the left side is perfect</div>

Actually it is the bulb. Like finger prints no to bulbs are exactly alike. If it pulls just enough current it won't blow the fuse, but it will cause the connection at the harness to overheat and melt.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

you must of had a dud. You can pick one up at the local dealer as well.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

sometimes my driver side headligth is mad dim when i first start my car in the morning, then and it lags behind the other. then suddenly itll come to come on to normal brightness
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    Dont Siverstars have a lifetime warranty?? If you still got the reciept take it back and get a new one.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

i think its only for a year.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.