The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G DOHC headswap.... The easy way! ???

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 376
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    actually i was thinking it was a SOHC 4g64 block with a 6 bolt crank, not even DOHC?... haven't seen any DOHC's but i really haven't been looking

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    A SOHC wouldnt be cool. But a 6bolt 2.0L crank in a 2.4L 4g64 block would give you a 2.1L destroked reving monster haha. Would be good for a bigger turbo that spools 4k+ as with a good head you could rev to 9-10k :P

But if your going to put a 6bolt g4cs crank in a 4g64 block, may as well just go ahead and use the g4cs block instead of the 4g64 block.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    A SOHC wouldnt be cool. But a 6bolt 2.0L crank in a 2.4L 4g64 block would give you a 2.1L destroked reving monster haha. Would be good for a bigger turbo that spools 4k+ as with a good head you could rev to 9-10k :P

But if your going to put a 6bolt g4cs crank in a 4g64 block, may as well just go ahead and use the g4cs block instead of the 4g64 block.
    Well i was referring to him asking about the DOHC sonata engine, and i haven't seen any. as for me i'm not looking for a g4cs. all i want right now is a workable head for my other engine

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice

Well i was referring to him asking about the DOHC sonata engine, and i haven't seen any. as for me i'm not looking for a g4cs. all i want right now is a workable head for my other engine
    Are you looking for a SOHC or DOHC, because i have an extra 63 head if you want it.

The g4cs is a SOHC motor anyway. It shouldnt be hard to find a 1g/2g head, they are all over the net :)
    7g for life!

are the heads the same between 1g and 2g? never really knew if there was a difference between heads, i knw there is a difference between blocks

1g head flows more. Has bigger intake and exhaust ports.
    7g for life!

You sure? Pretty sure it uses a coil pack setup.
    I thought so too but when I was looking up different models of sonatas, the results mention ignition coils, distributor caps and rotors for the year 92-93. I did came across something interesting.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

phizz2k
    Well this topic has been in the back of my mind for a bit now, but I had an idea that could possibly make the "easy swap possible"

There is a shop named budsmachine.com that dropped into gf and asked if anyone has done the swap and how they fixed the distributor problem... A few moments later he posted that he machined something to make it work...

I emailed his msn account ([email protected]) and visited there website which looked to be a very professional shop... Haven't got a reply yet but if other members here are still interested in making this happen then an email or a visit to the site could help us get this project rolling....

Just a thought...

quite intriguing ... I'll have to check out the site, good find.

I looked at that honda-tec, the only thing about that is by the time you bought the parts(unless you allready have the ems and things) it would be cheaper to go ahead and swap the ecu and cam angle sensor. I know some people allready have ems and this would work for them but i would rather swap the ecu since i wouldnt have the money to drop, but to each his own.

phizz2k
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    I looked at that honda-tec, the only thing about that is by the time you bought the parts(unless you allready have the ems and things) it would be cheaper to go ahead and swap the ecu and cam angle sensor. I know some people allready have ems and this would work for them but i would rather swap the ecu since i wouldnt have the money to drop, but to each his own.
    honda-tec ???????? What do you mean. There aren't any prices on this site.. who knows how much it will cost... I may give em a call and see if it's possible....

He has a parts list though and i know for the engine mangment systems those are usually higher end of price range. Cause using the ems he has it costs around $1,200 im looking around to see if i can find any system under $1,000 cause i dont belive that the emanage can do the cop

phizz2k
    OK, I understand that they could have used an ems to correct the addded changes that come along with dohc but still didn't see any prices...

What information would you use to rewire and swap your ecu?

Well this forum is so you dont have to rewire you ecu. Because if you do a DOHC swap you need a new ecu to run the cam angle sensor cause the normal ecu uses the distributor. On the ecu swap you just take out your ecu and then just rewire your wiring to the ecu. Theres tutorials on it.

As for the ems way. You hook up the ems system and set it up, then you hook up the C2DI(Digital Ignition) too it and wire up each of the coils to the C2DI.

Im confused, what Honda-tec? Who did this swap? Its by far cheaper and easier to run a Galant GS or 2g Spyder GS ECU then to go all out EMS.
    7g for life!

Thats what im saying unless you can actually find a distriuptor for this swap it takes away from the whole thing, cause then you doing as much work as swapping the ecu.

You really confuse me man lol. ECU swap is by far easier and less complex then going all out EMS. And thats what this entire thread is about, trying to find a distributor that will bolt up to a stock 1g/2g head so you dont have to swap ECUs.
    7g for life!

no thats what i was saying that using a ems is too expensive and more complex. Considering the cost for most ems that will work for this are above $1,000. Ecu swap costs tons less and if you decided to go turbo you can go to turbo ecu and take use of the knock sensor

phizz2k
    Ya Bmxmike your kinda confusing things, and assuming that the ems would cost upwards around $1000.00 bucks but I don't think the person that paid these guys to do the swap would have given up that much money when he could of used it do do a motor swap or turbo system instead....

All I was saying is these guys may have a part already drawn up to machine because they say they were able to machine a distributor to fit into the 4g63 dohc.....

I found this information here =>

http://www.galantforums.com/modules....iewtopic&t=232

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast