The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G DOHC headswap.... The easy way! ???

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Showing results 261 to 280 of 376
    would jsut have to have fun with piggy-backs

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

SO went and got a mirage distributor today. ill see what the machine shop can do for me.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    hmmmm. I have always been curious....
    if the 4g64 dohc block doesn't have those drain holes..... .and the dohc 4g64 head doesn't have those drain holes..... then why would the 4g64 dohc headgasket have them?
    I.E. if the gasket doesn't have those holes.... then you wouldn't need to blockoff anything since the gasket already does it.

Hmmm. i wonder. Maye I'll go out to the garage and look at the head in my GS headswap, to see if the holes are in those locations.
    Hey DOHCstrunr Did you get a shot to look over the holes in the block yet.

i'll do i it this weekend

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Hmmm I'm certain that those holes aren't in the 4g64 DOHC block as the DOHC head is physically identical to the 4g63 DOHC head minus the internals. Regardless, I would still plug those holes. Although they aren't pressurized, I'd still hate to see the headgasket fail due to it not sealing properly with those gaps in place.

After looking at an image of mine, the headgasket will cover about 50% of each of the holes, leaving the other 50% of each hole exposed. Although OEM gaskets are awesome, I wouldn't take the risk of blowing the headgasket because I was too lazy to just block the holes easily.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    SO went and got a mirage distributor today. ill see what the machine shop can do for me.
    did you get your distributor out of the shop yet ?

Has anyone attempted this yet?

nope.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

im broke after Christmas, ill do it when I can. I think Im getting another 7g with less miles and better body.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    im broke after Christmas, ill do it when I can. I think Im getting another 7g with less miles and better body.
    same boat here, just paid off my card yesterday, and they newegg decided it was going to run some sweet deals, and i bout some more stuff for my computer. lol. still going to buy some more parts for mine. but im not going to try this route i dont think.

1996 galant s

disapointed...

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i Think i am go with it and see how it runs before rebuilding the other block i just got.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    disapointed...
    John you want to help me?? Seriously if i can get some help then we should do it. I still dont know wat direction my car is really going lol. there is so much floating around and so much that i can do. still thinking about picking up a 4g63 block and building the bottom end, maby a stroker kit. lol (which would be fun.) But i think if i had some people helping me along the way with this idea i could pull it off.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    im down 2 do this as i should be getting the head, intake mani and such in the next week or so.. all i need to know is exactly what i need and a little help.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

what kinda head you got?^^^

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    2g head
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

ok im down than tell me when i have Wednesday and fridays off

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    John you want to help me?? Seriously if i can get some help then we should do it. I still dont know wat direction my car is really going lol. there is so much floating around and so much that i can do. still thinking about picking up a 4g63 block and building the bottom end, maby a stroker kit. lol (which would be fun.) But i think if i had some people helping me along the way with this idea i could pull it off.
    dude i got parts all over my house for my turbo an headswap. i need to stop dicking around and finish this and the GS.

do the 2.4 DOHC there is no reason to get another block. slowboy sell pistons for just this swap. your rods you got now are identical to the 2G and EVO rods

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I have most of the parts sitting right now in my garage now. Lets see, I have the head from my 1g. I just have to cap those holes on the block. I have the stock turbo from my 1g, I have the down pipe. Do I really need to change the gears to the 7g DOHC? are the 1g gears the same diameter? I guess I need a turbo oil pan from a 2g. I take it my 1g oil pan will not work. Some ARP head studs and a head gasket and I will be good to go. Did I miss anything?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The 4G64 has a higher deck height compared to a 63. You could run the 63 cam gears, but you will have to set the timing negative TDC.(Not sure how many teeth though) Its a bit of a hassle and I would be more comfortable using the Mitsu TDC marks....I would buy the 64 cam gears for the peace of mind.

Yes you need a 2g oil pan...I believe the 1g has a different amount of screw holes.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast