The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G DOHC headswap.... The easy way! ???

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
Showing results 341 to 360 of 376
    Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Curious as to what spark plug wire you would use .??
    prob your stock ones, dunno if the mirage ones would reach
    Boost, its whats for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Works great! I used a 92 distributor but I wish I had used the one on mko's pic. It looks like there is more room for adjustment on that one, my wire plug hits the thermostat housing.

Sick! Thats a pretty unique place to draw cold air from too. You need to post more pics and a vid of it running

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Apex91 View Post
    Not too sure if I understand, isnt that spot where the CAS could go where you would want to hook up the distributer?

Im trying to go ahead and make this work, I nabbed a complete 1g head for 68 bucks at the yard last week

You may want to read all pages from beginning to end so you can understand it more clearly. Cas is eliminated so you don't need to do any rewiring. It makes the dohc a fairly simple plug n' play mod. You can stay w/ stock high imp injectors, stock computer and stock uncut harness. Then simply upgrade further as time and budget allows.
    I used the stock 7g wires not the cleanest but it works.

I have ha. I figured that but the post about wiring threw me off. This is very cool, shall be running it in the near future
    Boost, its whats for dinner

Posey
    So we have to machine the dist. From mirage/colt. Y can't we just machine our stock dist.

You could, its just the shaft that goes inside the head is too long and you ganna have to use 2-2.5'' studs to keep the distributor in place
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

look at the shaft from the o-ring down

mirage

galant

The 1g CAS has much closer size to the mirage distributor.

And you still going to need the end piece off the 1g CAS to be fitted on to teh machined down center shaft

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member
    Now we just need to find a way to control timing with the 7g ecu and we will be off to the races!

I also like that it allows you to use an external coil. That means cheap High output blaster coil and nice wide spark plug gaps under boost(better burn, improved mileage)
    I always hated the whole internal coil BS with the stock 7g disty.
    I'm sure with that mirage disty you could clock it to adjust base timing.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

timing? how about just fuel/air with maft? with ignition box and accel coil I have been running .055- .060 spark plug gaps
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 11-30-2011 at 10:17 AM

He meant knock controlled timing

Build Thread

should of known

Posey
    So with this easy swap can we use the stock 1g cam gears? How do we go about the timing issue and arctic y havnt you done a formal write up for this

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Posey View Post
    So with this easy swap can we use the stock 1g cam gears? How do we go about the timing issue and arctic y havnt you done a formal write up for this
    There are many ways to set the timing with a DOHC 2.4.. The easiest would be to get the cam gears for the 4g64 with the DOHC.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    timing? how about just fuel/air with maft? with ignition box and accel I have been running .055- .060
    I need to be able to control ignition timing to take full advantage of my water/meth injection. I already have a Maf Translator Pro but it doesnt control timing what so ever. Unless, you have a chipped 2g ecu. Im happy that you pulled this off though. However, for people that want to go turbo, I recommend doing this the traditional way so you can take FULL advantage of everything. Either a EPROM ecu from a turbo 2g, Evo ECU, or a flashable ecu from a 2g. Full stand alone would be another option but man, for the power most of us want to make, its not needed.

Posey
    So back to the distributor. I say again why can't you just machine down the stock distributor. Your already getting the 4g15 one machined. You compared sizes; looks like it's to big to fit the 1g head so it would have plenty of metal to work with....right?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Posey View Post
    So back to the distributor. I say again why can't you just machine down the stock distributor. Your already getting the 4g15 one machined. You compared sizes; looks like it's to big to fit the 1g head so it would have plenty of metal to work with....right?
    Pictures should explain this to you. Ok, the 7g distributor has a longer shaft and cylinder than the mirage. If you look closely at the mirage cylinder it has a lip that is hollow where the shaft is. Take the lip from that hollow point, on the mirage distributor, and you have dam near the same depth as the 1g CAS. As for the 7g you'd have to cut a good 1.5 inches down and you NEVER know if its a solid piece or not. It would be way less effort to make the mirage one fit. You could probably do that with a dremel tool and a steady hand to be honest. Send me a mirage distributor and a CAS and ill make it work for you. I have a welder, grinder, die grinder, and 2 DOHC heads in my garage.

^^Thank you sooo much bro. I didnt want to answer the question again, cuz I wouldnt be able to keep the caps in lower case if you know what I mean.

Thanks again.

Build Thread

Posey
    Well I would send you one if I could find one. I went to every yard out here in Vegas save one. I'm hopin they got one....

when building for high HP, the knock sensor is primarily use to monitor knock...people still blow up their motors with or without a knock control ecu.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast