The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G DOHC headswap.... The easy way! ???

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 376
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    why an SAFC? it's crap anyways...
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    why an SAFC? it's crap anyways...
    what afc do you recomend?
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

Quote Originally Posted by da1085
    mass airflow translator gen 2
    or mass aiflow translator pro.

i recomend the pro cause you can run the GM maf or a speed density setup. which is like a honda in that there is NO mass.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da1085
    i reccomend NONE of them. they are all for very minor adjustments and have no major tune capabilities at all. get a real piggyback like the emanage or switch to a different method (what john said).
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ok....i got really bored......i looked on ebay and thought that maybe other car's might fit...

the civic's has the three bolt patter but then comparing the two holes off the CAS to the three holes on the civic on, it looks like it might fit....the thing is small enough to fit to the dohc hole......other than that, maybe i'm just really wanting this to work....
    CAS

CIVIC 92-95 NON VTEC TD41U DISTRIBUTOR

93-96 2.4L Nissan Altima "KA24DE"

6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The dist HAS to look like this with the trigger wheel.

Try to find me pictures of a 4g15 1.5L Dodge Colt/Mitsu Mirage distributor.

Check out this JDM Lancer 4g15, never seen one like this before:

This one is off a 1.3L Lancer, might work if you grind down the metal around the trigger wheel?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-93-97-M...1QQcmdZViewItem
    7g for life!

7g for life!

How do we know for sure that a distributor will even work on the DOHC head if we find one that will fit? Wonder why Mitsubishi never used one if it will? I for one would still like to see this idea work.

The dist only runs off the trigger wheel, same as the CAS. As long as the trigger wheel on the dist lines up with the cam in the DOHC head it should work just fine.
    7g for life!

THE-G
    yeah if that jdm 4g15 lancer dohc worked with a distributor then i see no reason why it would work with the G. im going to the junkyard this weekend i can help out and look around and try some things out from sum different shyt

hey...so you guys don't think that the altima's distributor will work??
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

Well I've been doing some more digging on this. I actually have a complete 4G15 1.5 engine that I pulled from my old Colt when I did the 4G63T swap. I decided to pull its distributor and compare the two. I noticed that the 4G15 dist had a gear on the end where the cam sensor from the 4G63 doesn't. They are both held on with roll pins though so I had an idea of switching them. I tapped the roll pins out of both and noticed that the shaft on the 4G15 dist is a little bit larger. I'm wondering if a machine shop would be able to turn the shaft down a little until the end from the cam sensor would slide on? I also thought of just drilling out the end of the cam sensor but theres not much to drill into and I'm scared that it would be too weak and break easily.

I will try to post some pics later of what I am talking about. Then maybe you guys can add your input to see if it would work or not.

THE-G
    here is a pic of a 1.5 colt distributor

this is my first day back on tgc in a long time, i did not read the whole post but i got the main idea. ive been over on 3geez.com for a while now and we are figuring the perfect way to dump or vacumme advanced distributors so we can upgrade to odb1 with tuneable ecu's for our turbo setup. anyways here is a link to the main thread, maybe yall can get some ideas or see how we modified our cam keys

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18160

i will read this whole thread and contribute more detail ideas when i have a lil free time
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

i guess this is a dead topic. i been reading alot of the 63/64 threads and i am a lil lost. there are so many options. alot of times people arent stating exactly what they have as far as years/odb ect.

i have a 97 galant es (odb2) i wan going to swap on a 1g 63 odb1 head. so if i go to the junkyard and grab the complete head, why would i be worried about the distbibutor. i understand that the 2g odb2 63 heads use coil packs. but if i am unig a 1g odb1 eclipse head dosent it already have a distributor?

my only guess is that i will run into problems running the ecu because the odb2 ecu is designed for the coil packs.

if that is the only problem what about making a odb conversion harness like the honda guys do, i seen the pinouts posted. sure it will take a few hours and a lil soildering skills.

my odb2 97 64 wire harness has the 4 plugs correct? if i was using an odb1 1g 63 head with the corresponding computer that takes the 3 plugs, what wires on my 4 plug harness would ne left out? if someone does the leg work of the wiring ill take apart the ecu, solder up the wires to make the harness, test it out that it works, and send it to on of the many companies that make harnesses to make copies so it will be a pulg and play swap
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]

You dont need to use a 1g ECU with a 1g head. Its easiest to use an ECU from a 2g Spyder GS. The whole point of this thread is trying to use a distributor with a 1g/2g head. Stock, the 1g/2g did not use a distributor, they used coil packs. You can use the coil packs off the 1g but then you HAVE to swap ECUs. If you can find a dist to work with the 1g/2g head, you could run the stock ECU.
    7g for life!

Thanks Seth ... Now we're back to where the thread left off in the first place :evil:

alright, i had misunderstood. i was under the assumption that the 1g head used a distributor and the 2g had coil pacls. thanks for the cleairfication

have anyone tried the 92-93 hyundai sonata 2.0l dohc? it suppose to have a distributor.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You sure? Pretty sure it uses a coil pack setup.
    7g for life!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast