The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High KMs

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

High KMs

What do you consider high KMs for a G? What do you think is the average "shelf life" so to speak? When do you consider a car not worth it, or what would you do if you have a car with high KMs on it?

Or is it miles for you guys in the US? I don't know. Hehe.

Thanks

mine has 122k miles and its a 1998
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

it depends, my rule is don't buy anything higher than 100k miles on it. but if you already had it for a while it's cheaper to stick with it because you have already paid it off.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Yeah, this was a quick decision, I needed a car. I've had this car for quite some time now, I was just curious cause it was high kms, but also has had a lot of mechanical work done on it since I've had it.

the only thing you need to remember is do all the maintenance and it won't give you any trouble.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I'm of the opinion of keeping cars as long as possible, especially with a hobby car, if you have alot of work in it, it becomes more and more worth it to fix what goes wrong. When mine starts breaking expensive non critical components I'm turning it into a full on racecar.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Yeah, it has had a lot of mechanical work done to it just recently (NZ$1500 in parts alone) so I'm hoping it'll last me a while. But I was just wondering about it because it does have high kms on it (249,000km on the clock). I don't intend on selling it really anyway.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Have you had a compression/ leak down test performed on it, that might be an indecation as to whether or not its worth keeping, if its good, you shouldnt have major problems if it sucks then get rid of it before it fails.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Well, basically my stepdad did what needed for the warrant, plus everything that might need doing, as well as your usual stuff.

Will se how long mine will last, but BMD has 300k+ miles on his 6g72. That's like 480.000 kms. A friend of mine is working at a mitsu service in Europe, he said the highest he has ever seen was close to 900.000 kms on an old pickup. That, I consider high lol. I'll drive mine till it falls apart btw.

Wow, mines not that bad, I wasn't sure what people considered high kms.