The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gumball 3000 in a 7g!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    Allright so im goin to take it that everyone nows what the Gumball 3000 is. Well i plan on entering in 2008 or 2009. And yes i now how much it costs thats not a problem Maximillion said around $55,000 by then but im covered. Well my car is in the process of being fixed up and all. So do you guyz think i should enter the rally with my 7g? Right now i have two sponsors who wanna take me the whole way and put the first 7g in there with the lambos and exotic sports and show it off that it can hang. Also if anyone else wants to go i know about 12 sponsors who are lookin for more cars i tried to get them to use other galants! Though you can only have two sponsors on your car i dont know if that means you can only use two sponsors or you can only use 2 sponsors logos on their car but i know some ppl who will fully sponsor ppl or if you wanna ride with us. So what you think crazy huh?! First to represent for 7g in the rally!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    only advantage: being a grocery getter while cops are looking for anything thats apart of the 200mph+ club, do it.

ok well.. crazy.. sure watever u say.. it doesnt matter if u have 150G for the entry fee.. ur car will go up agaisnt all of the other applicants.. also.. they want something that is different and that has some "balls".. sure u may have a chance u saying.. Hey max.. i got myslef a 7g galant.. wat do u think of that.. he'll be like... HEYYY OKKKKKK.. unless u have a VR4 hidden in ur engine..he doesnt pick more then like 100 or a 150 cars i think..and then out of those..its even less that go in the end.. so good luck with that..

04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

yeah... that event is invite only...

if u've got it all lined up, then why are u asking us if u should do it?

well its not only invite only anymore and last year he took about 240 cars last year ranging from lambos to a tank that was on the starting line. When i talked to max he said that by 2009 he plans on taking around 300 if he does do it agian. He said only reason it might be difficult to enter is the extremly high entery fee that most ppl would just rather go buy a brand new car with! So ill probably enter in 2009 cause i dont turn 21 till 08' anyways and would like to make sure my cars in top shape for it.

shit if i had a VR4 then i would try to get invited...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Last year there was a 240sx. If you had a reliable 500whp AWD 7g, then you would be capable of hanging with everyone.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am sure the experience is priceless...but the entry fee is sure not. I would love to participate in a Gumball ONLY if:

-If I had sponsors that paid for EVERYTHING for me to run in the Gumball
    -If I was filthy rich and I had $50,000 of petty cash.

I am a normal blue collar worker that makes enough to live comfortably...by no means I am "rich". Though if I were to get a 7g or a Galant for that matter to this event, I would have to strictly build one for the purpose of running the Gumball. I wouldn't enter my 7G or my Galant VR4 since they hold more personal value to me. You can pretty much count after the event IF your car makes it that it would of accumilated as much wear and tear a normal car would in probably 5+ years.

Though if you do get a 7g into next years Gumball...you BEST reserve a nice spot either on the roof or hood for a TGC logo

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    I am sure the experience is priceless...but the entry fee is sure not. I would love to participate in a Gumball ONLY if:

-If I had sponsors that paid for EVERYTHING for me to run in the Gumball
    -If I was filthy rich and I had $50,000 of petty cash.

I am a normal blue collar worker that makes enough to live comfortably...by no means I am "rich". Though if I were to get a 7g or a Galant for that matter to this event, I would have to strictly build one for the purpose of running the Gumball. I wouldn't enter my 7G or my Galant VR4 since they hold more personal value to me. You can pretty much count after the event IF your car makes it that it would of accumilated as much wear and tear a normal car would in probably 5+ years.

Though if you do get a 7g into next years Gumball...you BEST reserve a nice spot either on the roof or hood for a TGC logo
    x2.couldnt have said it any better. if youve got it all lined tho go for it.

I agree as well.....I can't say that I don't get on the gas every now and then to just murder some honda or whatever I see is fit, but gumball. these guys have money to wip shit off the wall with..... I love to work on my 7g and I love to see the results and I just could not see my self going 120mph and run the risk of getting pulled over or even crashing into some 240sx or anything for that matter.....
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You will either have to beef up your motor or do a swap to even be in the vicinity of the rest of the cars. Looks is one thing. Being able to hang at high speeds is another. If it was all paid for, I would do it.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    beef up that motor and you could at least stay within the ballpark of all those cars running 12-15 psi
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Ya i plan on puttin the tcg logo nice and big on the car. And as for horse, yes this is kinda a race but most ppl do it for the expierience i mean i dont plan on take like top 10 or anything, there have been jeeps and other cars runnin, in 2003 there was a jeep that had a top of abot 98 and he still raced. Im mainly entering for the experience part of it and i do plan on beefing it up but i dont plan on goin out and tryin to race any gt2 or lambos. But ya for most part its paid and i wont race till like 09' cause of age requirement plus im waiting cause i dont want to go to austrailia as much cause thats the most likely spot for 09' he said.

if u wanna win.. pull ALL NIGHTERS!! need a good nitetime driver.. PICK ME

Quote Originally Posted by zippyflu
    if u wanna win.. pull ALL NIGHTERS!! need a good nitetime driver.. PICK ME
    Or me! I do runs up the 5 to the bayarea at night. Made it to LA from Santa Rosa (60 miles N. of San Francisco) in 5 hours flat baby! Thats 422+ miles...no sweat

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Werd, you better have the ultimate sleeper there.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i can drive from south jersey to NOrth CAROLina, 6 hours.. there and back. 12 hrs round trip!!! no speeding ticket.. and made good time..

Make it look completely stock and get it up to 500whp.
    they will be makin fun of you tell you smoke their asses in a galant

fresh new paintjob would be nice, brand new everything, if u gonna run upagaints all those exotic cars, wow, and yeah definatly like peano said beaf up the motor, or swap it or do something. you worent planning to run stock 4g64 wore u?
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast