The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dome lights, keyless entry, power locks stopped working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Dome lights, keyless entry, power locks stopped working.

I went out to open my car yesterday morning and the keyless entry didn't work. I replaced the battery in the remote and still nothing. The I realized my dome lights don't work. They don't come on when I open the door or when I turn the switch to on. Also my power door locks will only work when the car ir running. When I shut the car off and try to use the lock switch to lock the doors nothing happens, no noise or anything.

Any ideas on what is going on?

The only mods I've done recently are NGK plugs, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, Short Ram intake. so those should have nothing to do with this.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Dome lights, keyless entry, power locks stopped working.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium03G
    I went out to open my car yesterday morning and the keyless entry didn't work. I replaced the battery in the remote and still nothing. The I realized my dome lights don't work. They don't come on when I open the door or when I turn the switch to on. Also my power door locks will only work when the car ir running. When I shut the car off and try to use the lock switch to lock the doors nothing happens, no noise or anything.

Any ideas on what is going on?

The only mods I've done recently are NGK plugs, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, Short Ram intake. so those should have nothing to do with this.
    check your fuses man. last weekend i installed my JDM tails and my locks stopped working when i used my keyless entry. turns out that the lock use is a 15 amp but someone had a 7.5 amp fuse and it burnt out. replaced it and everything good now...
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    last weekend i installed my JDM tails
    where the hell are the pics?????

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    last weekend i installed my JDM tails
    where the hell are the pics?????

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in my head man.. ill post some up. Just for you Pete... LOL
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    it is the 10 amp fuse located under the hood in the yellow surround, there are 2 of them in there not sure which one it was offhand but change them both, even if they dont look blown change them reguardless that should solve your problem

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    it is the 10 amp fuse located under the hood in the yellow surround, there are 2 of them in there not sure which one it was offhand but change them both, even if they dont look blown change them reguardless that should solve your problem
    its deff your fuse,its the first 10a fuse in the yellow cap lookin from the front of the car, the one behind it is the radio fuse....

2001 5 speed 4g64T

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i belive the radio is linked with them as well like i said just change both no matter what

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    yea and make sure u dont use anything but 10 amp to replace the dead one or else it wont work... its 100% that fuse, ive blown it over 20 times doing electrical work

I checked the fuses and they looked ok, but I guess I'll try that this afternoon anyway.

Thanks Guys!

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yes that yellow thing basically stops all electronics... other than engine electronics.. you can still start the car.. but the radio won't work neither will the locks..

OK, I replaced both of the 10a fuses and still nothing. (and I broke the damn yellow thing, I don't really need that do I?)

Radio, sunroof, power windows all work fine. Power door locks only work when the car is running. Keyless entry worked for 1/2 sec BEFORE I replaced the fuses. I really hope it not the ETACS-ECU.

Any other ideas?

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

check your fusible links. sometimes it might be hard to check visually so you might want to break out a continuity tester.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

riddnic
    Complete noob here, I bought a 99 galant ES it seems to have the same problem(turn signals, dome light, entry chime not working)... I checked the fuse next to the radio one... Pushed it in all the way still nothing... Where are these "fusible links"? I even replaced the ETACS-ECU with a junk yard one and still nothing... Is there a way to reset the ETACS? Is it flashable? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by riddnic; 11-28-2008 at 09:36 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I have no idea how to remove the fuses from the yellow thing !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I have no idea how to remove the fuses from the yellow thing !?!?
    you slide them out. you will see they only slide in one direction. I used a screwdriver to kinda move them over
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

in other words. you have to lift the yellow thing up. then they will pull right out. and dont forget to push it back down

that yellow thing helps the fuses engage power so even if the fuses have been replaced they wont help you at all unless that yellow thing is pushed down

so if you broke it then try to replace it but i believe it is a part of the fuse box so if thats true then you need a whole fuse box

if im wrong someone please correct me
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I believe it is part of the fuse box.. That yellow piece is not meant to come out of the fuse box.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    i kept blowing that same fuse over and over ever since i got the car ..i took mine out to make it easier to change..its been about 1 yr now no probs..
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 02-10-2009 at 01:49 AM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    yeah im pretty sure it part of the fuse box, it just slides right up to expose the fuses, i replaced them and my radio spat out the CD. Had to look for my radio code, but my car still stalls so i just brought it in to My Great Uncles Mitsudealership.
    Last edited by johnygezony; 02-10-2009 at 06:41 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast