The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems with TCL

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Problems with TCL

Hi All,

I have a galant 2000 model 2.5 V6. I am facing some issues with my TCL. My car has not been started for 5 days. And now when i started it the TCL and Motor engine indicator is on all the time. At the same time i can hear a sound like dukdukdukdukdukdukdukduk which is increasing when i give gas. The sound is very clear when you sit in the car with the windows closed.

I remember that i got a similar issue with the same car a coulpe of months ago where the car had been still for 14 days. It was the same problem and some sound, but after some time it just disapeared.... Can anyone help?

I have heared that there is some kind of switch/lock which is turned on and off when the car is started and maybe that is stuck???

/Uzi

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I'm not sure about the lights on the dash you are most likely gonna have to get it scanned but the sound sounds like the lifters. Have you done an oil change or check your oil? You might be low.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Its not the lifters... i have just fixed them today and i know the noise of them :-)

hey did you ever fix ur galant with that noise mine is makin the same noise?
    it sounds like a a clicking noise and goes faster as u give it gas ,like something is in a fan hitting a blade