The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coolant Leak

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Coolant Leak

my lower coolant hose (the one that goes to the bottom of the radiator) is leaking of recently discovered. after i replace the hose what should i do about coolant? should i just add some? or what?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member
    add some coolant....

You will have to add coolant and allow the thermostat to open and all the air bubbles out of the system.

If I was you I'd go to your local auto parts store and get a coolant funnel that way #1 it doesn't get coolant all over the motor, and #2 it allows the air bubbles out of the radiator and coolant system.

Btw, this funnel fit on the radiator itself, not the overflow tank.

if im going to be filling it directly to the radiator, how much should i add? just when it tops off?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    if im going to be filling it directly to the radiator, how much should i add? just when it tops off?
    Basically the radiator should be completely full. Do you see where the overflow tube goes into the radiator? Thats basically the 'fill-line on the radiator. Than after thats full and all the bubbles are out of the system you can make sure the coolant is to its proper level in the overflow tank.

Btw, when you are bleeding the coolant system of bubbles you can gently squeeze the coolant hoses to make sure no bubbles stay trapped in the system.