The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Horn relay Location

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Horn relay Location

Hey guys,

I posted some time ago problem i was having with my horn, its gets stuck, and keeps blowing all the time.

I was advised to replace horn relay, to see if it helps. I got the relay, but have no clue where it goes.
    I looked in engine compartment, and the manual, and there isnt horn relay relay listed.
    Does anyone have any idea?any suggestions?
    Thanks

what year is your car? in the 99-01 models with the L shaped fuse boxes, the relay is in the corner on the top right when standing in front of the car. if you are standing on the side, it will be on the bottom right.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

its 2000 es, 4 cyl.
    also, the relay i got, in size its smaller then the ones in the car arleady, connectors are the same.
    why isnt horn relay listed in the manual?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Manual probably doesn't say it because Quicksilver wrote it..

:smt005

thanks dude.
    I exchanged the relays, and still same shit....my horn wont stop blowing. when i bang it on the horn/airbag, it stops for a minute, then it goes off byitself again.
    This is really annoying the shit out of me

Probably has something to do with the horn button then... Or faulty wiring.. I would take apart the air bag unit... ONLY do it if you know how to properly take it apart..

unfortunately i dont. i see that you're located in NJ, so am I,in Jersey city.
    Would you know any honests mechanics, or places I can take my mitsubishi, and have this problem looked at?
    thanks Jeffy

My dealership'll git r done.. Just pricey... cause you know labor... But I think anywhere it'll be pricey..

Quote Originally Posted by willieB
    thanks dude.
    I exchanged the relays, and still same shit....my horn wont stop blowing. when i bang it on the horn/airbag, it stops for a minute, then it goes off byitself again.
    This is really annoying the shit out of me
    replace the airbag.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i just saw airbag for my galant on ebay.Would you guys recomend buying used one, and replacing it, so i can finally get my freaking horn to work