The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help me spend my money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

help me spend my money.

hey, i have a couple hundred dollars to spare and i think i might turbo my 6g72 instead of getting a 6g74, so i will have some turbo knowledge when i put the 74 in and i wont blow it. Im going to the junkyard tomorrow so i'm wondering what parts i could get that will help me with my turbo build?

no offense but a couple hundred might not do the trick...your lookin to spend betwwenn 1700-3000 depends on which way ur going...used or new..if ur lucky there is a turbo 3g eclipse sittin in the yard for you haha good luck...i guess find a good size turbo...is urs a i4 or a v6...ur guna need the right size for each model...FMIC-if there is any at the yard...i dont think u can find everything at the yard tho..mayb the turbo cuz the 3g eclispe turbo parts is what you need and i doubt they wil have a turbo'd 3g there...migth wana search around the 8g performance section and see what pops up mayb it will give u a better understanding...

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well the 74 swap isnt too expensive the engine can be had for pretty cheap, you can probroblly pick up the turbo, some injectors, mabee a fmic, but for the 6 there is going to have to be some custom work involved more then likely

I second most of what was just said. You will need a budget of somewhere around 2000 just to get your car running. Your best bet is to look for parts off an evo since there was no turbo 3G from the factory. Even with that you will need to custom fabricate a lot of other things due to different fitment issues that the galants have. My suggestion is to do some more research decide what kind of power levels you would be looking for and then find out where you can get the parts you will need. Once you do that you will have a much better idea of what you need and how much it will cost you in order to go turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Your best bet is to look for parts off an evo since there was no turbo 3G from the factory.
    i know that what i meant was a 3g who someone already turbo'd thats why i said i doubt u will find one..

If your budget is only a couple hundred you better.....

Love,
    Matt

no i have 600 now i just want to start getting parts now, i am fully aware of how much it will cost, thanks.

so there is basically nothing i can get at the junkyard that would work in a galant?

i heard somthing about getting injectors from an sti? would those work on a 6g74 with decent boost? i dont want to have to buy parts twice once i do the engine swap.

if your really interested in the 74 swap go to club3g, it is pretty detailed and a few of them have done it over there, it is a lot of reading though ive only read a little about it, also i know boostzealot did it on tgc also.... i reccomend you pm and talk to him as well

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    if your really interested in the 74 swap go to club3g, it is pretty detailed and a few of them have done it over there, it is a lot of reading though ive only read a little about it, also i know boostzealot did it on tgc also.... i reccomend you pm and talk to him as well
    i already read about it, thanks..

TGC Regular
    For $600 bucks you can buy a 6g74 with a warrenty, those engines are not sought after that must. For the amount of money you have its the easiest and fastest swap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    give it to me :D there spent haha

jk, anyways i dont kno much about this, but i say just go for it and if u need more money save for it

I rode in Boostedzealots Galant with the 74/5 spd swap..the thing is a beast. I am getting my parts ready to send my Galant to him to do the swap for me. I would recommend it.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I rode in Boostedzealots Galant with the 74/5 spd swap..the thing is a beast. I am getting my parts ready to send my Galant to him to do the swap for me. I would recommend it.
    didnt your sig once say, paying someone else to work on your car is like raising someone else's kid?

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    didnt your sig once say, paying someone else to work on your car is like raising someone else's kid?
    pwned...

Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    pwned...
    :D ^x2

Quote Originally Posted by GaLaNt_03
    pwned...
    daaammnnnn :!:
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLaNt_03
    pwned...
    daaammnnnn :!:
    damn that just sucks
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Experienced TGC Member

Re: help me spend my money.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    i think i might turbo my 6g72 instead of getting a 6g74, so i will have some turbo knowledge when i put the 74 in and i wont blow it.
    Wise choice.

Unless you can find a junkyard with a bunch of Mitsubishis, you are unlikely to find a lot you can use.

I would suggest you constantly check either ebay, or the 3G forums for turbo parts - the most critical one being the manifold.

Do you know how to weld?

yea thats the problem, i don't know how to weld, but i might go to school for it pretty soon i'm still trying to figure out what i wanna do with my life.

anyway i think i might have to wait on this for a while, cause i think im going to get some foglights first, my boss keeps making fun of me for not having them. hahaha

heres the link for the manifolds a bunch of the 3gs are using
    http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...man-mitsu.html

and they also have full kits on the site as well
    http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

i dont know how reputable they are and whatnot but it seems to be the reccomended site over there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast