The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior swap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Interior swap

Ok so I have seen people paint the inserts and panels and stuff...here is a new project for the interior. I want to take my USDM interior and swap the entire thing out for this interior.

Can it be done and is it worth the hassle?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    prolly can if u want to spend the money and time doing it

it will be worth the hassle if it make you happy

I wouldn't post this topic if I wasn't interested in spending the money to get it done. I just want to know if it CAN be done. This interior looks like it has different gauges, climate control, etc. that my car doesn't. I want to know if I can make that happen with my car and how to do it if I can.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    you may have to do alot of work, but im sure it could be done

I personally think its feasible but I think its all the little things that will really slow things down. For example, the gauges are in km/h and your gauges are mph. the rear shelf is bigger on the world spec models than usdm models, how is that gonna effect how the seats go. the door panels are different, maybe the door handles are in a different location. what abut mounting and bolting things down, they might have different mounting locations etc etc.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if you have the dinero, nothing is impossible.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Thanks pinoy. I am wondering if I skip the guages would I be able to retrofit the rest. I don't need it to looke exactly like this, but I like the style a lot. I prefer it over my cheesy, simple, and cloth interior now. I even like the way the console looks compared to mine. This looks almost like an infiniti interior, not a mitsubishi. Not to knock us, be we lack lux' features here in the US.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    as far as the seats and the rear deck you could get a katzkins kit or have the seats upholstered black, and the rear deck you can do youself using black cloth or something which isnt hard at all...im sure you can figure out something using the stock guages to make them work as well, it seems the hole for them is around the same size but its possinle there may be some gaps you would have to fillin using some type of method, really what you would need is the whole dash area, center console (but you definatelly wont be able to use the world spec shift bezel etc...which will present a problem, but you can use a boot or something to fill the hole) and you would need the door panels and either cover you carpet in black or attempt to use the spec one, and you would need the steering wheel which itself looks the same as ours but may not boltup...im sure im missing a few things here you will need but just a heads up on ways around grabbing everything out of it

*sigh ..

I say do this and totally forget about the engine swap :) my ass would be more comfortable on the new interior than ur boring seats now :) and besides it looks classier .. u know how i love the classy look ..

but remember what Adam says about wood grain paneling !

Thanks fatal. I am not sure if I want to go black or not, just that style interior is what I am looking to achieve. I have some katskins thanks to someone here, so I may start this project after all. Hmm.. 6g74 swap and this interior doesn't sound like a bad days work for my baby. Here goes all my money...

He Snowy. The interior you are looking at is the more expensive version of the european galant. In my opinion everything is possible. But the parts you want are probably hard to get. I got a european galant, and even i am having a hard time getting the parts. About the climate control. This is going to be the most difficult part, i wanted the same in my galant but the told me to leave it alone. But i'm still going to try it anyways. It looks realy fresh and cool.

Succes on all the work, and let us know how this is going to end.

Greetz Munky :D :D :D

Ps. wait a second the first picture you posted is the galant of a friend of mine. You see the gauses in the middel, where normaly the clock is. He spend hours of work on that.

the door panels might be the same. after all there is a speaker mounting point in the rear door and no USDM galant came with rear speakers
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

u kno i say try it, how hard would it be to get the whole dash shipped tho? got any numbers yet?? i was going to start lookin into that because i love tha interior on those G's. let me kno if u fiind somone that can get it n if u do start to do it keep us updat, shit doesnt hurt to try!!!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i'd go for it.

they would fit, but you need to buy the other king of controls for the a/c not the climate control ones, im planning to do that also, i got one in the Philippines and checked it so they will fit, good luck man,

I am torn between doing this european interior swap or just try the diamante interior swap. The diamante interior is easier to come by, but I love the way this european style interior looks. Very grown and sexy, and it may steer me away from speeding. "Ride slow homie, ride slow."

both front power seat on 8g galant?

I being thinking about this for a time, the A/C controls I guess would be the most dificult task; besides getting all the parts. I would concentrate on the dash and center console, I think we can still use our door panels with some modifications. Please keep us posted.
    De que estamos hablando?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Hmm.. 6g74 swap and this interior doesn't sound like a bad days work for my baby. Here goes all my money...
    Go with the 6G75 :)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PR8GG View Post
    I being thinking about this for a time, the A/C controls I guess would be the most dificult task; besides getting all the parts. I would concentrate on the dash and center console, I think we can still use our door panels with some modifications. Please keep us posted.
    Yeah the Climate control is digital :/ while ours in mechanical/analogue. Perhaps some of the things can be taken from the diamante if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast