The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: thermostat location???

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

thermostat location???

Imma change my thermostat today, just curious if its located at the end of the upper radiator hose or the lower radiator hose. Im thinkin upper like my other cars, but i wanted to make sure so i dont waste any time. thanks
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Upper, should be a few sensors/wires going to it.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

thermostat is a pain in the ass man... so hard to get to if i remember correctly.

edit: although i think it might be easier if you take out your battery.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    For a easier time to replace the thermostat...you will have to loosen or remove the intake tube to the Tbody and possibly remove the battery if you have small arms and hands.

The thermostat on the i4's are located right under the Tbody near the cylinder head.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I just checked it out...i have no idea why they put it there...its so easy to do it on other cars. I got fat hands so, it looks like imma have to remove the battery to get to the other bolt. hopefully the bolts arent torqued down like crazy.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

oh whooops i was talking about the v6.