The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to program keyless remotes 99-current Galant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

How to program keyless remotes 99-current Galant

I am no way responsible for any damages that may occur if you decide to program your keyless remotes. You acknowledge that you are doing this at your own risk. If you do not feel confident in following procedure I strongly suggest going to your closest Mitsubishi Dealer and have the remote(s) programmed there

1. Locate the Data Port under drivers side dashboard usually located to the right of steering column.

2. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.

3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.

4. Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.

5. Press the LOCK button on the remote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful programming, the door will lock and unlock once.

6. Repeat step 5 with up to 4 remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.

7. Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition..

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    thanks ma men!!! +rep i just fixed mine today!!

are you referring to the ODB port? and where can i get jumped cables for this?

damnnn I would like to find someone who can help me with this bcuz I have been trying to reprogramed but I can't if here is someone in area who wants to help me pm pls.!!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

thaNKS WORKED LIKE A CHARM

i just used a long paper clip and jumped it to a screw under the dash. no if i could just get the call back horn to work. i have tried a million times owell.

i looked under the drivers side dash but i cant seem to find the data port. where exactly do i look to find it?

I cant get this to work.... then again I think my remote does not work for some reason... anyone have a remote around that is willing to sell or give to me?

Quote Originally Posted by bsilver23 View Post
    i looked under the drivers side dash but i cant seem to find the data port. where exactly do i look to find it?
    When sitting in the drivers seat, put your hand on your right knee, now put your hand directly on the plastic in front of it. Follow that plastic down to right where it ends, the data port should now be in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KaziKai View Post
    I cant get this to work.... then again I think my remote does not work for some reason... anyone have a remote around that is willing to sell or give to me?
    Did you have your doors shut?
    I believe that was the hangup while I did it. (might have been a coincidence, but who knows. It just worked for me when I shut the door.)
    Also, you have to act fast, the second you jump those two ports together, you have a set amount of time to hit the hazard button.

What I did was use a paperclip that I ripped in half and jammed the two parts into the data port, I then used an alligator clip to connect the two while I was sitting in my car with the door closed, that way I had plenty of time to hit the hazard button.

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
    When sitting in the drivers seat, put your hand on your right knee, now put your hand directly on the plastic in front of it. Follow that plastic down to right where it ends, the data port should now be in your hand.

I believe that was the hangup while I did it. (might have been a coincidence, but who knows. It just worked for me when I shut the door.)
    Also, you have to act fast, the second you jump those two ports together, you have a set amount of time to hit the hazard button.

What I did was use a paperclip that I ripped in half and jammed the two parts into the data port, I then used an alligator clip to connect the two while I was sitting in my car with the door closed, that way I had plenty of time to hit the hazard button.
    Worked for me with the driver door open.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post

OK I will try that tmr morning when I wake up. so paper clip in half.. with alligator clip.. and act fast.. ok got it.. I'll try..

Thanks

works great! thank you.

omg thanks bro! ive been without my keyless for a year already.works very easy to do
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, ITS NOT WORTH DOIN!

didnt work for me.... still with my keyless
    ='(
    any local member who knows how to do this????
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

one of the problems i had when doing this was when i put my head down where the port is, i didnt take into consideration that my head was now upside down with the port. so i put the paper clip on the wrong side. Maybe this is your problem?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    oooh i gotta try this.

i know this is a bit off thread but with the 99 galant can we activate and de activate the call back feature with the horn, i have tried using the other posts on the forum with no luck, th remote programing worked great, i used a piece of speaker cable with a spade terminal. worked like a charm.

RastaAlejandro
    can we get some pics? or the way the numbers are set up? i searched but cant find the other thread that i thought had pics & numbers for the data port.
    Last edited by RastaAlejandro; 02-06-2010 at 06:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by RastaAlejandro View Post
    can we get some pics? or the way the numbers are set up? i searched but cant find the other thread that i thought had pics & numbers for the data port.
    Here Ya Go:

will this work on a 2000 4g64 ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast