The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to program Mitsubishi transponder chip keys 2002-up Mitsu vehicles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

How to program Mitsubishi transponder chip keys 2002-up Mitsu vehicles

I am no way responsible of any damages that may occur during the procedure of programming your transpoder chip keys. You are doing this at your own risk. If you do not feel confident to following the procedure I strongly recommend going to your closest Mitsubishi dealer and have the key(s) programmed there

You can program new keys to the system if you have two valid (already registered) keys by doing the following

1. Insert the first valid key into the ignition and turn the ignition
    to the "ON" position for 5 seconds.

2. Turn the ignition to the "OFF" position and remove the first key.

3. Insert the second valid key and switch the ignition to the "ON"
    position within 7 seconds. Theft-alarm indicator will blink twice.
    Turn the ignition to the "OFF" position and remove the second
    key.

4. Insert a blank (transponder) key, specially cut for your vehicle
    into the ignition and switch the ignition to the "ON" position
    within 7 seconds.
    The theft-alarm indicator will come on for about 3 seconds when
    the registration is completed.
    If an error occurs, the indicator will blink 3 times.

5. If you want to register additional keys, repeat step 4 within 30
    seconds after the theft-alarm indicator flashes in step 3.

Note:
    You are provided with 2 keys, but you may add up to 6 more keys.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

just a question, do you know how to do this if the car doesn't have an alarm?

WarmAndSCSI
    So you know, this should apply to 2001's as well.

factory alarm

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    factory alarm
    understood. not all 8g's came with an alarm. i know mine doesnt have one anyway. im just wondering becase i bought some blanks off ebay and had them cut. that was before i knew we have transponders in the keys... so now i have 2 new useless keys in my glovebox. ill give this a try when i go outside again.

WarmAndSCSI
    I think this is for any 8G with an immobilizer. My 2001 ES V6 has an immobilizer and I think this is how the duplicate keys are programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    just a question, do you know how to do this if the car doesn't have an alarm?
    Same procedure. My fiances Endeavor doesn't have a factory alarm..just the keyless entry.

true i dont have a factory alarm and it works like a charm.. tho u need two programmed keys already and then u can program more..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

What do u do if you only have one key?

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    Take it to the dealer i would suppose. Ive never done this before because i was lucky enough to recieve all 3 sets of keys with my 01 model that came with it. But the 03 Neon i have you have to only have one key to program more. SO maybe try it first with one key before you got to the dealer
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post

IF you have the Master key you should be ok and be able to program up to 6 more additional keys (Could vary depending on vehicle). IF you only have the "Valet" key then you will have to take it to the dealer. They will have to do a clear the transponder key code off the PCM and have the PCM "relearn" the keys.

how do I know if I have a master key?

and is it the same procedure? do i insert master, remove master, insert master, remove master?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickmick View Post
    how do I know if I have a master key?

and is it the same procedure? do i insert master, remove master, insert master, remove master?

thanks!
    I know in the 99 and newer Mitsubishi's the master keys have the black grips and the valet keys have the gray grips.

yeah, suppose we have the key with black grip, what is the procedure to program the other blank key?

Quote Originally Posted by dimushor View Post
    yeah, suppose we have the key with black grip, what is the procedure to program the other blank key?
    The ONLY way to program more keys to your car yourself is if you already have 2 master keys. If not, it needs to be taken to the dealer or find a lock smith that can cut and program keys for your car.

Some people has said over on Club3G that Ace Hardware cuts and programs keys for our cars.
    Also the owners manual for our cars has the instructions on how to program more keys, but as i said it tells you that 2 master keys are needed.

so, there is no way to do anything, if u have only one key, righgt?

Quote Originally Posted by dimushor View Post
    so, there is no way to do anything, if u have only one key, righgt?
    There's nothing unless you have a lock smith that can program those keys. Well and according to what year Galant you have you can always to the immobilizer delete, then you can use a regular cut key.

Old thread but I need help. I have 2001 GTZ with 2 original keys and this instruction didn't work for me. When I insert 2nd key and switch ignition to "ON" nothing happens I mean security light won't blink at all. When I remove 2nd key and insert blank one and switch ignition to "ON" security light starts blinking after around 5 seconds but it won't get programmed. Is there any other way to program transponder on 2001 key? I need it for my remote starter installation.

admin edit: I don't even know how to explain this one...
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 11-24-2011 at 11:03 PM

holly caps,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast