The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual piston brake upgrade and rear disc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45

Dual piston brake upgrade and rear disc

I did a search for dual piston upgrade and i want to make sure i deciphered the posts correctly. I have a 1996 galant s on stock 14" by the way. I want to save 14" for winter if possible.

Front
    If i go dual piston and want to stay 4lug. i should get the 6g vr4 rotors for the front. For the pads , i should get Diamante pads for the year i possess(92-96).

Rear
    Since my car has drums. i would just simply use the eclipse 2g hardware minus the lugs. For the rotors, i should get 7g 94 gs rear rotors right. The pads would for a 2g eclipse.

Now, if i go with crossed drill and slotted rotors. Do i simply request rotors for the 6g vr4 front and 7g 94gs for the rear from irotors.com.

I hope i didnt confuse anybody. I just want to make sure i order the right items so i dont lose time for incorrect items ordered.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    I'm not sure if your 14" wheels will even clear that size of calipers, I know with 15" wheels it barely clears. I would double check on that before you start to do anything
    ~Lady Driven~

Dual piston brake upgrade and rear disc

I will buy new rims if i have to. I just wanted to have a winter set of rims too.

first off 14" by no means will clear. winter rims or not you can't use them with the brakes.

why would you use the pads from a difrent car, use the pads respective to what car they came from

front rotors wil need to be from a 6G VR-4, rear from the 6G VR-4 or 1994 galant GS.

diamante calipers are harder to work with because of their brake lines. some even have 2 soft lines and a 3" section of hard line.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

^^ X2. I did the swap to 5 lug first so I can put factory alloy wheels. What I did was to connect two rear brakes rubber lines together so make it work with the dual piston caliper.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Question

Ive tryed the brakes from Irotors for front and rear - rear was swapped from drums to rotors. But I would like to have 2 calipers on front. Or 4calipers. What should I buy or hunt out? And I want to stay 4lug, because of money Ive spent for my 17".

I cant say it for sure, but the 4 lug patter was never changed in Europe. I believe even 8g came with 4 lugs, so you can look to get rotors off of 8g with dual piston calipers or 6g VR4

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    first off 14" by no means will clear. winter rims or not you can't use them with the brakes.

why would you use the pads from a difrent car, use the pads respective to what car they came from

front rotors wil need to be from a 6G VR-4, rear from the 6G VR-4 or 1994 galant GS.

diamante calipers are harder to work with because of their brake lines. some even have 2 soft lines and a 3" section of hard line.
    that is incorrect.

The 6g vr4 does not have the same discs in the rear because their parking brake cable is integrated intot he caliper.
    they do not have the drum-in-disc that the 7g has.
    you have to get 7g w/ rear disc rotors.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

A friend of mine have VR4 6G and have changed to 5lug. I can get rotors from 6G VR4 in United Kingdom, bud what type of calipers?
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

the calipers off of a 2g eclipse GSX, or off of a 7g galant vr4, or off a 1g diamante, or off of any 3000gt non turbo.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thank you very much.
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...4506.m20.l1116

These would fit? What kind of brake pads would you recommend? And brake discs? /what mark/
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz

i was at the junk yard the other day and the diamante calipers and brackets are about an inch longer and dont fit on either gst or galant 95-98
    i want dual piston in front. i got the rear down cus its all bolt up.
    4lug is calipers, lines, and back plate and galant gs 7g rear disc.
    5lug is calipers back plate lines and gst gsx eclipse rear disks and hub.
    but 4 the front the gst is the same caliper.
    where can i get a 2piston caliper setup for my 7g and what do i need to make it fit.
    i dont care if 5 lug or not. ill just match my rear depending on what i do in the front.
    let m know im hiting up the yards next thursday.
    n obd1 and obd2 diamantes have same brakes and suspension.

you proly found the 97-02 diamante. These wont fit 7g, but they fit 8g. Look for 92-95 Diamante ot 3000gt sl. The only difference between 7g GS and 2g Eclipse rear disk brakes is the 5 lugs. Some early GSX came with vented rear rotors, but thats long story. If you wanna help yourself finding rear disk swap - look for 95-00 Avenger or 95-00 Sebring.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    you proly found the 97-02 diamante. These wont fit 7g, but they fit 8g. Look for 92-95 Diamante ot 3000gt sl. The only difference between 7g GS and 2g Eclipse rear disk brakes is the 5 lugs. Some early GSX came with vented rear rotors, but thats long story. If you wanna help yourself finding rear disk swap - look for 95-00 Avenger or 95-00 Sebring.

very tue , the avenger and sebring. id forgot about that.
    at work i noticed that the suspension and else was looked kinda familiar.
    thanks

i have dual piston front calipers from a 95 talon tsi. but i also used the talon 5 lug on the front. the rear disc i believe is single piston, i also used that from the tsi, so its also 5 lug
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

Quote Originally Posted by dsm galant View Post
    i have dual piston front calipers from a 95 talon tsi. but i also used the talon 5 lug on the front. the rear disc i believe is single piston, i also used that from the tsi, so its also 5 lug
    96-99 are single piston?
    i was at the yards and was getting thee rears from a gst and the front where single piston.
    what about 94 under gst gsx tsi?
    also bolt up?

i think it might just be a talon tsi thing, not eclipse
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

only 2g AWD have dual piston. GST are single

Build Thread

so let me get this straight. 92-95 dual piston fronts off a diamante, and 95-00 avenger or sebring rears will bolt up properly? what about brake lines and will they work on my stock front rotors?
    The diamante rears won't work?? I have a 92 diamante at the yard by my house with good brakes all around and low cost since i have to pull them myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast