The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chrome door trim

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Chrome door trim

has anyone taken this off to replace or repaint? What is it held on with and is it hard to get off?

you can just pull it right off, but it wont look pretty afterwards. find my GB thread if you want to order replacement black or chrome door trim.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

the piece i think your talkin about it at the bottom of the window correct? im talkin about around the top of the window...how are these pieces held on i dont wanna break them tryin to jus pull them off

dont quote me on this, but i believe the part around the top of the window you can just pull off and theres just plain black weather stripping there.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

u mean jus pull that chrome trim piece off? wuts under it ?
    Last edited by Lomo2117; 02-25-2008 at 04:35 PM

normal black? at least thats what i have heard.

did anyone pull theres off and have pics? ive seen sum 8gs with the trim some without some with just the bottom part chrome so im confused....i kno my boy has a Cayenne and he had the body shop pull the chrome trim off and paint it so i was thinking going the same route

de = all black
    es = all chrome
    ls = iunno
    gtz = chorome on bottom black on top.

ahh didnt kno diff models had diff trims around the doors thought it was just an option...shuld i just pull them off or wat??

I like my chrome trim =/

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I took that chrome piece off around the top on both my galants. It looks alot better. You just pull it off and it looks better IMO.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    yea I just took mine off last week, you can put it back on if you don't like it,its almost like that cheap chrome pieces you buy at autozone that your grandma puts on her doors lol but here's a pic of after i took it off