The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trans mount HELP

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Trans mount HELP

ok, i removed the front and back engine mounts, now the trans mount all the bolts are off but thier is no room to get the trans mount out, the engine is held by a jack on a block of wood under the trans, and i lowered it as much as i could, how do i get the trans mount out???? help asap please

2000 I4 100k Miles

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    you really have to drop the engine......when i did it i took the front off and the crossmember heres my old thread

im assuming this is your problem
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=27751

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    thats definetly the problem.....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

ok cool thanks,,,,

i have to give it to the mitsubishi engineers who designed this, they made it hard to change that trans mount, instead of making the bolts so damn long they could have cut them in half or used bolts that will go in the trans.so when you remove the bolts it could just slide right out. i guess every make has to find a way to make that extra cas...

2000 I4 100k Miles

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiGalant View Post
    ok cool thanks,,,,

i have to give it to the mitsubishi engineers who designed this, they made it hard to change that trans mount, instead of making the bolts so damn long they could have cut them in half or used bolts that will go in the trans.so when you remove the bolts it could just slide right out. i guess every make has to find a way to make that extra cas...
    Well......your kinda onto something with this. You can remove those long ass studs/bolts while they are attached to the tranny if you want to. Do this at your own risk, I have done it before very easily, but I also have access to a an arsenal of tools. Remove the nuts off of two of the studs. Take one of the nuts, put it on the stud upside down and thread it on all the way, then take the other nut and put it on normal, thread it on all the way, tighten both nuts "into each other" until they lock up. Then get your wrench on the lower nut and turn it counter clockwise, this should start spinning the stud itself out. Repeat this process for all the studs. You may want to put your jack under the tranny bell housing if your removing the studs and take the weight off the mount, if not the last stud is not gonna wanna come out because it has soo much pressure on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS