The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Showing results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1389
    No 5th gear pull? Keep accelerating bro !!!!

Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

I wanted to but I was coming up on a neighborhood and not sure if there were PO-PO in there. Lol I let off at 115 and it was still pulling. Lol
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 05-22-2016 at 11:54 AM
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I know im just playin. It pulls nice though, what rpm is your peak power, sounds like around 5k

I know im just playin. It pulls nice though, what rpm is your peak power, sounds like around 5k

Yeah about 5k. The turbo on this low of boost pressure is kinda laggy. I have the rev limit set at 6800

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

that's about where my power falls off too and usually the best place to shift, you really feel it take off if you shift at the peak and feels amazing. Your car would get close to 130mph with roughly another 900 ft in 5th.

Do you set your rev limit there as well? I think it's too early in my car. If I shift as soon as it hits rev limit, 3rd gear seems real laggy. If I bounce it off limit for another second third gear feels good but it's like a 50/50 if I miss the gear or not. I think I'm letting it bounce off of limiter too much. I'm thinking of setting rev limit to 7k.

If your using the limiter to gauge your shifting its not a good way to go fast. Everything ill tell you is based on road racing, not 1/4 mile so if someone tells you different its cuz of that reason. The reason your feeling the lag when shifting off the limiter is because you already fell below your peak power band. So your turbo needs to get to peak power after your shift. If you shift in your peak power it will feel like a freight train.

The limiter as you know is to keep your engine from over revving thats all. If you hit that the car is already losing speed and you have no choice to shift and then the car is gonna fall on its face and the actual shifting will be a harder engangment (maybe lockout) plus more wear and tear on your parts.

My tuner set my limiter at 7200 and works well. Most 2.4s are set around there, its conservative. My peak torque is at around 4500- 5000 so thats where I try to shift although conditions change constantly like traffic, passing cars in corners things like that. Things like that will change the shift points especially in corners cuz it will upset the balance of the car while transfering weight just by cornering. Basically it can spin you around in a corner since your shifting weight by changing gears.

Normaly if I get a run with no traffic I know exactly where my rpms are just by where I am on the track so I pretty much shift in the same spot every time. All other times I do it by ear or with a quick glance at the tach.

Your shifts should be smooth and effortless along with the clutch engangment, this will keep your car balanced which in turn will be faster. It helps if you say things to yourself like "smooth" while shifting, thats what I do while braking but I say "squeeze", it really helps with pedal pressure which is really important to balance the car.

Sorry about the long post.
    Last edited by xd_01; 05-23-2016 at 09:46 AM

No apologies man, that was really helpful. I don't gauge shifting with the limiter but like you said once it hits it I have no choice but to shift. My retune is on the 6th, I'm gonna have Devin raise the limiter to 7200 and go test at Byron and start playing with my driving. I had the limiter set to 6800 because I didn't want to blow the motor. But as soon as I started driving the car I feel it comes on too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    No apologies man, that was really helpful. I don't gauge shifting with the limiter but like you said once it hits it I have no choice but to shift. My retune is on the 6th, I'm gonna have Devin raise the limiter to 7200 and go test at Byron and start playing with my driving. I had the limiter set to 6800 because I didn't want to blow the motor. But as soon as I started driving the car I feel it comes on too soon.
    With our forged internals we can safely Rev to 7500 with no issues. U should be able to go to 7000 with no issues

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Cruising around in the car today.

Love the pics!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

MH Racemaster 24.5x8.5-15 slicks mounted on 15x8 rota slipstreams.

Going to test out the setup this weekend. Hoping to get her in the low to mid 12's on the Wastegate.

i think the rear pic will be my new desktop....

Yes!!!! I like the look of that. Keep us posted with how you do. I'm really curious to see what kind of 60' times you're able to pull with that meaty rubber.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Muchacho!!! Too hard!!! 💪💪💪

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Couple of updates. I switched up the wheel and tire setup. My 18x9.5 setup was pretty heavy and it made the car feel very foot heavy on the street, so I sold them and bought a set of 17x9.5 RPF1s from a buddy. Havent weighed these, but theyre significantly lighter than the 18's. FOR SURE.

I also set out to race the car this summer. BUT life threw me curveballs all summer so I wasnt able to get out to the drag strip until recently. I bought a set of 24.5" MH Racemasters and loaded the car up on the trailer.

No changes from last year except the slicks. Wastegate pressure (20 psi). Instead of talking. Ill just post this here.

https://youtu.be/XIPi_jW_U4g

Now that I have some seat time of what the car will do on the low end, Devin can set up the boost by gear properly, and let her eat up top to make up for the terrible 60'. I COULD leave harder but leaving on the 4500 rpm 2-step has only resulted in broken CV axles so until I get a FWD converted evo trans in Ill have to keep launching it lazy and freight train to the end of the track. Fun none the less. Cant wait to get her back out on the track after the next tune session.
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 08-21-2016 at 10:24 PM

Nice driving, would love to see it break into 11's, only matter of time

Awesome, must feel good to make a few passes. I heard you broke your trans there through Brian but I must of misunderstood. Im glad to see it was just an axle, any torque steer?

I noticed that you kept your chin tucked in, you should really keep your eyes up always looking as far ahead as you can. Lower your seat as much as possible. If you focus way ahead youll be faster and in case of a oh shit moment youll steer at what your looking at and will have a better chance of saving it. Ive never drag raced but Im pretty sure these basic RR tips will translate into drag racing.

I have my seat real low but it was fabricated like that on purpose when the cage was built. I also tilt the steering wheel all the way up so that I have no choice but to keep my eyes up while driving.

Looking forward to the next video!

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Awesome, must feel good to make a few passes. I heard you broke your trans there through Brian but I must of misunderstood. Im glad to see it was just an axle, any torque steer?

I noticed that you kept your chin tucked in, you should really keep your eyes up always looking as far ahead as you can. Lower your seat as much as possible. If you focus way ahead youll be faster and in case of a oh shit moment youll steer at what your looking at and will have a better chance of saving it. Ive never drag raced but Im pretty sure these basic RR tips will translate into drag racing.

I have my seat real low but it was fabricated like that on purpose when the cage was built. I also tilt the steering wheel all the way up so that I have no choice but to keep my eyes up while driving.

Looking forward to the next video!

Yeah I blew the trans there before. Back when I was still SOHC turbo. Only casualty ive had lately is a broken axle that we fixed in 5 mins and a shifter housing the pulled out of the floor. going back in a couple weeks with a bit more top end power to see if we can get this bitch to go faster lol. I will definitely try your advice next time im out. Sounds like solid driving tips!

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast