The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1389
    I have done you guys a real injustice. If you follow me on instagram @sosickmotorsports, then youve seen some tidbits but I have been working my nuts off to get the car going. I have been depriving myself of sleep, food, and quality time with the wifey to get her done. I was planning to start her up next Saturday, but I am moving it back a week. I dont want to rush the little things whatsoever. Got the LSD in, wiretuck done, dash back in, axles, etc. I'd list it all but then you'd be reading a lot of mumbo jumbo when we all know pictures speak louder than words. haha.

Heres the engine and trans in the car, I've welded the Tial flange and IAT flange and wrinkle coated the UICP but they are not pictured just yet. Theyre on top of the car waiting to be put on. I am still waiting on a crank pulley and spark plug wires and boots. I still have to install the water pump pulley as well.

This is her new face. The bumper is the duraflex replica, if youre not comfortable with cutting the bumper up this is a pain to make fit, but I have a very close relationship with my cutting wheels, and grinders so I made it fit. Hood is at my body guys house getting worked on.

Got some JDM goodies

The interior is pretty much together, I just need to get another seat for the wife. Leaving it gutted because it'll get caged eventually I keep telling myself I'll cage it once the local dragstrip tells me to. haha.

Made a downpipe, still gotta weld in the wideband bung and the flange. not bad for my first time welding together a downpipe.

I have got all the little things to do still like run vacuum lines, wire in and run the boost controller/gauge, fabricate the LICP, extend the 2G 3", install the miscellaneous shit that I lost during the year of her being apart (brake line clips, etc), run the radiator hoses, prime the motor, fill the trans, wire a fan controller, etc.

She'll get done though, Im taking a little breather from the build and spend time with my wife Sunday then back to hard labor to get her done.

Last thing, this is something my Instagram followers have NOT seen.

Rota "Grid" IKR 17x9 +25 with my Bridgestone Potenzas. For the people who are scoffing at my wheel choice go suck a big fat sausage because unless you are buying me a set of Volks, Rotas will keep ending up on my cars.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    For the people who are scoffing at my wheel choice go suck a big fat sausage because unless you are buying me a set of Volks, Rotas will keep ending up on my cars.
    Now THAT is my kind of attitude! I love it. Fucking great. Car looks awesome on those wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post

Rota "Grid" IKR 17x9 +25 with my Bridgestone Potenzas. For the people who are scoffing at my wheel choice go suck a big fat sausage because unless you are buying me a set of Volks, Rotas will keep ending up on my cars.
    That's what I'm effin saying.

You already know how I feel about the transformation taking place! I cannot wait to hear them cams!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Somebody's been working his ass off! Making me think about starting an IG account just to keep up lol.

Car looks great Jigz. Keep doing you fam, if they hate it, fuck 'em. Ain't nobody paying for your shit but you.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

What's size are the tires again. She looks great jigz
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

225/45/17. But these RE070 run big so it looks like a 235/45

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

DUDE! I'm excited for you lol Get it running!

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Shit is looking good man loving how everything is coming along and the jdm bug bit you

«Carlos»

followed.......@beeeeeeeeev here....

I always knew that little incident at the track wasn't her last breath.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

do you have a tig welder jigz?

Naw just a mig

mighta missed it, but turbo facing the other way? any reason in particular? or just wanted the intake over there? or to stop the exhaust and charge cooler crossing over?

Basically easier to fabricate a downpipe and yes it keeps the exhaust and piping from crossing each other's paths. Starter clearance is a plus

I was wondering the same but I just figured you were running a 2g manifold and were going with the correct configuration.
    Last edited by xd_01; 05-07-2014 at 10:03 AM

2g manifold uses the t3 flange so either way is the correct configuration really.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I thought the 2g uses a 7 cm flange and the compressor housing faces the passenger side from the factory.

R u referring to the stock 2g manifold?? Cuz he's using the eBay t3 manifold on his setup. I should've been more clear in my last reply

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Bryant the turbo is off a 1g so yes facing the passenger side is the correct configuration but that is merely a coinkinidink

No doubt Jigz I was just saying. I probably shouldn't of said "correct" because once its installed on an 8g its all custom lol. Come to think of it I don't why I didn't flip my turbo the other way right off the bat. I guess I was in that evo state of mind, probably would've had a lot more for the DP too.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    R u referring to the stock 2g manifold?? Cuz he's using the eBay t3 manifold on his setup. I should've been more clear in my last reply

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Yea my bad I thought you were talking about a stock manifold. I shoulda known better lol

Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast