The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7Gs with rear discs WITHOUT abs, need favor!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

7Gs with rear discs WITHOUT abs, proportioning valve situation

So after doing the rear disc swap, the proportioning valve (proper name pressure metering valve) is still different. 7Gs with rear discs apply more pressure to the rear pads than they do drums, and lately i've been feeling it. the car still feels front brake heavy, and i know it can be more balanced. i can't just swap one from a GS because they have ABS and the valve wont fit.

so i need a favor. i need a VIN to put into mitsuCAPS from a 7G with rear discs without ABS. did these even exist? if someone feels gracious enough, i would sincerely appreciate it, and will try not to give your VIN to my chop shop for all my car jacking scams.
    Last edited by peanotation; 07-09-2008 at 11:48 PM Reason: 7G > 8G
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

if i remember correctly, the GS is the only 7g in the states to have rear discs.

how about maybe a 2g eclipse?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Id think a 2g Eclipse RS/GS or GST without ABS would have the right valve.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Id think a 2g Eclipse RS/GS or GST without ABS would have the right valve.
    i thought about it, but i dont want to take the chance of it not fitting for some reason. there's a good chance it will though....

if i remember correctly, the GS is the only 7g in the states to have rear discs.
    i've seen a couple 7Gs with rear discs that weren't GSs, but they had ABS.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

no the only stock rear disk equipped cars are the GS.

and i know what your talking about. i can feel it too

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i swore i saw one at Vons a couple years ago, it was an ES. that could have also been the meth.....

so what we're coming to is that we're screwed.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    So after doing the rear disc swap, the proportioning valve (proper name pressure metering valve) is still different. 7Gs with rear discs apply more pressure to the rear pads than they do drums, and lately i've been feeling it. the car still feels front brake heavy, and i know it can be more balanced. i can't just swap one from a GS because they have ABS and the valve wont fit.

so i need a favor. i need a VIN to put into mitsuCAPS from a 7G with rear discs without ABS. did these even exist? if someone feels gracious enough, i would sincerely appreciate it, and will try not to give your VIN to my chop shop for all my car jacking scams.
    I know exactly what you mean. Thats why I went dual piston fronts so it balances the the rear end, and it did.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Proto
    the GS and early GSTs didn't come with ABS. I'm using 7th gen calipers on my rear of the 2g.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. Thats why I went dual piston fronts so it balances the the rear end, and it did.
    i got dual piston fronts but it is still unbalanced

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

wouldn't.....dual piston calipers....apply more pressure...thus making it more imbalanced?

also, i assumed that if 7Gs with rear discs were ABS only, the eclipse would especially be the same way, but i'll check on that, thanks proto

1994 Galant GS 5spd

proto's car dosen't have abs. i have driven it and i like the balancing of his brakes.

alot if GS-T's didn't come with abs. it was an option only. GSX are all abs

Proto
    You should drive the car with 60 trim in it now. Boost is cut up >:]

wouldn't.....dual piston calipers....apply more pressure...thus making it more imbalanced?

also, i assumed that if 7Gs with rear discs were ABS only, the eclipse would especially be the same way, but i'll check on that, thanks proto

I have EBC Red Stuff in front and stock pads in the rear. It takes a lil tab on the pedal to stop the car.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I have EBC Red Stuff in front and stock pads in the rear. It takes a lil tab on the pedal to stop the car.
    so because they're dual piston, they require more brake pressure, thus letting the rear brakes bite more than normal before the fronts....correct? or do they bite harder at the same rate of the single piston...thus furthering the imbalance to the front?

1994 Galant GS 5spd

so because they're dual piston, they require more brake pressure, thus letting the rear brakes bite more than normal before the fronts....correct? or do they bite harder at the same rate of the single piston...thus furthering the imbalance to the front?
    That is correct. Thats why I have stock pads that bite less in the back, and red stuff pads that bite really hard in the front, so its balanced. Dont know know if its balanced to the stock ratio, but since Ive done this Ive never been able to lock the rear.

Build Thread

yeah i think getting the correct ratio is impossible without an oem setup, but you're probably really close. i just really wish the rears would bite more cause i feel it ALL the time, lately more than normal as i can feel the fronts doing a lot of the work.

maybe time to go to the eclipse junkyard....

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I have dual piston fronts with EBC Red stuff, stock rears andbasic pads and I haven't noticed any imbalanced braking

(then again it's been almost a year since i drove it)

Proto
    Peano I'm running run of the mill Autozone semi metallic pads, can stop on a dime and have very little brake fade. Front dips a little more due to the dual pot calipers but overall my brakes are balanced. What I have below.

* 3000GT SL Dual Piston Front Calipers
    * 7G GS Rear Calipers
    * RRE Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit
    * GSX Slotted and Drilled Rotors
    Last edited by Proto; 06-16-2008 at 10:46 PM

i noticed that my peadl goes further down now.

before i only had a 1" of brake pedal travel.

now i have 2.5" i never need to press the brakes more tha half way.

so i got a VIN off autotrader for a 95 GST w/ rear drums w/out ABS...gonna be about $65 for a brand new oem proportioning valve from mitsuparts.com. before i order it i'm gonna run to the local mitsu yard (literally hundreds of 2gs) and see if i can pull one and save some money.... hopefully this works, will update

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast