The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight connector bad?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Headlight connector bad?

Hello,

My right headlight is out. The bulb is ok, as it works on high beam. The fuses are ok. If I giggle and tap the plastic connector that seats onto the bulb the low beam turns on. Do you think that this plastic connector is bad? Can it go bad?

I remember someone saying a while ago they got a new cable with plastic thing on the end. If I need one of these things what is it called?

Thanks,

L

Do you mean the harness??
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

I think so. It's a cable that has a plastic connector thing on the end that plugs directly onto the prongs on the bulb.

L

u sure the bulb is ok? put in anotehr bulb and see if u get a low. if u get a low, the bulb is not ok. if u have a volt meter, turn on ur headlights and stick a prong into the low beam terminal. u should be getting power. if u are, make sure ur geting contect from the socket to the bulbs. if ur not getting power. check the wires to the harness, make sure its connected to the harnes and the socket. make sure the wires aren't frayed or damaged in any way.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I probably need a new harness with connector. I had my PIAA's in there for a long time and they both died. I put 2 new generic ones in about a week ago and they worked fine for a week. Now the right bulb on low does not shine.

If I giggle the connector the bulb works on low. This tells me the bulb is ok, but the harness (connector thing) is not. Perhaps there is dust in the connector socket or the prongs are not seating correctly in the connector.

I don't know about the wires, I'll have to check those.

L

the harness does seem a bit flimsy to me, ive had to replace my headlight bulbs once, and once i took the connector off for the first time (which was a bitch to get off) it doesnt go on the bulb socket very tight, it falls off from time to time. i just bend the prongs on the blub a little bit and the connector goes on a little tighter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Coldshot)</div><div class='quotemain'>the harness does seem a bit flimsy to me, ive had to replace my headlight bulbs once, and once i took the connector off for the first time (which was a bitch to get off) it doesnt go on the bulb socket very tight, it falls off from time to time. Â*i just bend the prongs on the blub a little bit and the connector goes on a little tighter</div>

you should just replace the harnesses...either get replacements from the dealership...or you can get from an auto parts store...this way you can get thicker wires also...and not have to worry about melting them from the more powerful bulbs
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably replace the harness' this weekend in prep for my xenon upgrade.

L

Replaced the cconnectors. Part number MU800585. This solved the problem.

L