The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/T Mount

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

A/T Mount

Well after much trouble, my brother and I got to taking out the tranny mount for my galant. The nuts holding it down were pretty much fused together from rust but we managed to get them off.

We were so relieved when the nuts came off but then, the stupid mount wouldn't even come out. We put a jack underneath the transmission to maybe make it go up higher and nothing. The mount itself had about an inch more of clearance to be able to be taken off because the 4 screws that come out of the transmission were too long. There was also a small piece of metal from the chassis that was impeding the mount from gaining that inch of clearance.

Anyone ever replaced this mount? We were so damn close.

put double nuts on it and turn the bottom one and the entire stud will come out of the transmission, thats the only way i seen to get them out

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    you have to drop the center crossmember and lower the engine

I see, thanks for the solutions guys. Will try it next weekend.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spardavr4 View Post
    I see, thanks for the solutions guys. Will try it next weekend.
    Like Denver said, if you dont want to drop the crossmember and lower the tranny, you can just double nut the studs on the tranny and take the studs out one by one in order to get it out. Removing the studs might be less of a PITA then removing the cross member and stuff if you dont have multiple jacks, jackstands and airtools.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS