The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starter issue

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

starter issue

Well starter seemed to be going out for a while = it would click every once in a while then start up after a couple of tries.. Lately my battery has been draining and i mention this because i dont know why.. NE ways i bought another starter and put it in... I may have to take it back because the ground connector is messed up but the last two days the fuel pump seems to come on and wont turn off till i remove the key.. im worried that the two are connected but i dont see how.. Im writing this late so if u dont understand ill help as much as i can.. My main problem is the fuel pump comes on when i switch the key to on and doesnt shut off.. ne ideas?? thanks
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

bro man i told you already...check your fuel pump seal....lol
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

new starter i got from a junk yard had a bad cracked ground terminal so i replaced the solenoid and all is good.. I guess the fuel pump doesnt know when to shut off without the starter input-- Car starts up like a champ..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Last time I checked, the junkyard sells just that. Do you like to play detective because if you dont, then you need to buy a new starter from a store not junkyard. You cant eliminate problems if you keep using used parts.

cant afford to buy new and i need my car running asap so unfortunately junkyard is lemon juice from lifes lemons...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If your battery wont stay charged and its a good battery, have the alternator tested.

Check this thread for common starter problems.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19212
    7g for life!