The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fan blows cold air tho AC is off

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

fan blows cold air tho AC is off

i noticed that when cruising on the highway, the vents are blowing cold air as if the air conditioner is on. its not cold cold but its definately not ambient air. any ideas what I can check for?

Well, nothing can be easily checked, but most likely its either the heater core motor or water shut valve.

(And I have seen like 10 topics on this in the past day).

If your recirculate is off, and the outside air is coming in, and the thermostat is set to the cold position, the air that comes in is a bit cool, I think it is cooled to a certain degree on it's way in based on the temperature setting but not cold like the A/C.

I actually leave mine like that. I think its normal. Its just the vents being open when you're driving I think. If you do that with the knob turned to heat, it would be warm air.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    If your recirculate is off, and the outside air is coming in, and the thermostat is set to the cold position, the air that comes in is a bit cool, I think it is cooled to a certain degree on it's way in based on the temperature setting but not cold like the A/C.
    ding ding ding.

well im used to how my car's air/ac system is normally and this is not usual. I mean, i can "smell" the AC even tho its not on.

this morning, I started up the car and noticed it was blowing cold air again. I poped the hood and see that the area i circled in red is coated with frost. after driving 10 min to work, the line i traced along in blue is now very hot.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    maybe the A/C clutch is stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    maybe the A/C clutch is stuck.
    haha SUPER COLD a/c!!!

mine does this same thing. would be interesting to find out why
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project