The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 03 galant battery drain

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

03 galant battery drain

I'm having a battery drain problem with my 03 galant es 4 cylinder
    When I remove the dome light fuse in the yellow box under the hood the drain goes away but the power locks and radio and domelights don't work, I removed the bulbs to all the dome lights and trunk lights and even unpluged the dome light connector the the mudule behind the fuse box under the dash, I found the wiring diagram on mitchel and traces the fuse for the dome light under the hood and unplugged it to the fuse box inside the dash because thatswhere the wire leads to and the drain stopped. I replaced the fuse box and the module behind the fuse box 2 time and that's not the problem and I made sure the part numbers matched on the used fuse box and modules. Also I unplugged the power window connector at the fuse box and still there was a drain and also I unplugged the power windo switch and still a drain is occuring

It is not the battery or alternator for sure I'm a mechanic and I'm just trying to know if anybodys ever had this problem before I start to take the dash apart and do to much unenesary labor

It might be something simple and if it is I would like to know thanks
    Last edited by alfonsongaby; 11-14-2011 at 07:28 AM

Most common on these cars, Radio, especially if its aftermarket and bimbo who installed it didn't do it right.

The radio was the first thing I suspected but that's not it either because I did it and I took it out to make sure and also checked the wiring to it, the problem is really strange because the dome light fuse under the hood controls the radio and power locks windows and also the door chime.. I realy think since its not the module behind the fusebox under the dash then it has to be the pcm.. .
    When I go to pull it yourself yards I find tons of galants and almost all of them have the pcm's removed like if they go bad very commonly..

^^^could be seems rather extreme though.

dunno bro electrical is a biatch, i would start by checking the ground the radio is connected to possibly. then you have to get a multimeter and probe around the fuses.