The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HID cleaning

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    wwangster86

HID cleaning

Anybody know how to clean these HID bulbs? Are we suppose to clean it?

What should I use to clean it?
    (Its the HID kits, not just the colored bulbs)

denauterd alcohol probably... but i never cleaned mine. how did u get them dirty?

ThaKiDThaTWinS
    How'd u put ur HIDs on...any conversion plugs or something for the HID bulb itself?

Tazz2000
    It comes with everything you need. You'll run 2 to 3 wires to your current harness, which will go to the ballast. The ballast will have all the wires for the HID light itself. :thumbsup:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaKiDThaTWinS)</div><div class='quotemain'>How'd u put ur HIDs on...any conversion plugs or something for the HID bulb itself?</div>

are you talking about the bulbs into the headlight housing? if the kit is plug and play, the bulb bases should be customized for the bulb size it is replacing (mounting base and focal position). if your retrofitting from an OE setup (ie. lexus or mbz lights), then you'll have to do some modification to the bulb bases but the wiring should b similar. basically a plug and play kit will replace the bulbs exactly the way they do stock then the ignitor and ballast (could b a combined unit) plug into the harness where the stock bulb did.