The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wont Crank

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Wont Crank

Got my belts on and all the marks line up near perfect. Problem, the valves seem to be running backward. Been at this so long I cant think what to do. HEEELLLLLPPPPP:smt076

I assume you have checked for electrical power at the starter. What exactly happens when you crank the key?

starter solenoid.

it sound like it doesnt push the lil gear out
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

nah. I am a mechanic but I am just begining to work on my own car this in depth. The whine is when I begin to crank it but the starter is fine i.e. no problems ever. Its hard to explain but as of now(been working on it two days) it seems the piston timing is completly reversed. I crank for 5 secs and get exhaust in the intake manifold. Gonna try reversing that shaft 180 and see what happens. Any better ideas lemme know

Are you sure you have the firing order in place correctly? And what exactly have you ended up replacing?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It sounds like you are trying to change the timing belt?

Its a timing issue. Take the timing cover off, make sure that ALL the timing marks line up at the same time. If your not sure, just line up the marks and take a picture of each one.

The two marks that have to be aligned correctly are the cam gear marks and the crank marks. If the balance shaft and oil pump sprocket marks are off, the only side effect is vibration.

Good luck.
    7g for life!

Got it fixed, up and semi running. The previous owner/slash shop messed up the TDC markings. Basically I followed a post by BlackPearl and it came out alright but it ran cranked backward(sounds wierd I know). Took everything apart and then manually found TDC through the spark plug shaft. Now it runs but the idle is off and it shuts off when I let it. Gonna take it to the shop monday and let them do some adjusting