The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hurry!!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Hurry!!!

Ok, bought a cd player for the car. Took the stock one out, connected the harness to radios harness, everything worked. Started using electrical tape to cover the bare wires and now it doesnt work. I moved the stock harness and could hear crackling through the speakers. Nothing coming out of the headunit even though it had power. Now I don't get any power, and neither does the stock radio. And my power door locks don't work unless the car is in accessory. If anyone knows what to do please help. If you're in Ocean County and can help PM me and I will meet up. Im trying to get this done asap.

are any of the fuses blown?

Blew two fuses under the hood. New cd player gets power, but no sound. The power to the new cd player comes and goes if i move the stock harness. Tried stock cd player again, works perfectly fine and is not affected by the movement of the harness. All the wires are connected properly, ground from headunit is fine. Everything is exactly how it was when I first tested it out, then I went to clean everything up and ran into this mess.

is the amp thats built in the cd player burnt up? i had that happen once when 2 speaker wires touched. you might see if it works on another car or hook a speaker directly to the cd player to see if it works

Sounds like you have it wire up wrong, or the wire harness could have the inserts place in the wrong spot. Or when you went to tape it up a wire may have poked through the tape making contact with another wire.

I guess my first mistake was twisting and using electrical tape. Hopefully I didnt fry the unit, I am going to try to untwist the wires and use the proper connectors. Any other ideas?

You should have soldered the connections or at least used butt connectors. Twisting and electrical tape is not a bright idea at all, to be honest.

Well thank you for contributing to my post. I realize that and you would have known that if you read my post directly above yours. So if anyone has any other possible things to look for or trouble shoot that would be appreciated.

Did you try putting it in another car or hooking it up straight to a speaker to try and get it to make some noise?

Figured it out. When I test fitted everything yesterday I am assuming I did not ground it properly and shorted out the internal amplifier. Exchanged it today and grounded it securely and its great. Like mentioned in the other thread though, FM stations don't come in as crisp as the stock unit, but I like this one. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, some aftermarket units are not good at picking up stations and then others can be better then the stock units. It can be a hit and miss area when it comes to picking up radio stations.