The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO:bleed the master cylinder

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

HOW TO:bleed the master cylinder

WARNING:I am not responsible for any damages to your master cylinder,car,person,others,or property resulting from anyone trying to bleed master cylinder after reading this.
    you will need following tools:vise,dot 3 brake fluid,wd40,ratchet,3/8 breaker bar,3/8 socket extension,12 mm socket,12mm wrench,10mm wrench,1/8 rubber tubing(12 inches of it),special tool number mitsu mv13-94120-x2000(a.k.a turkey baster),rubber band,and very IMPORTANT,you'll need to visit a junk yard to cut off about 2 inches of break line: see pix.

this pic shows the part of break lines off needed from junk yard from another master cylinder.

1)Locate master cylinder between battery and brake booster.

2) remove brake fluid cap and using special tool (turkey baster) remove any fluid from reservoir in master cylinder.

3)remove electrical connector from cylinder.

4)spray wd40 on mastr cylinder brake lines, let soak for a few, than use 10mm wrench to remove them. some fluid will cme out so have rags at hand.

5)next apply wd40(wait a couple of min)and remove the 2 bolts that secure master cylinder to brake booster. u'll need 3/8 breaker bar and 12 mm socket to brake'em loose, than use 12mm wrench.after nuts are removed just give it a good tug and it'll come right off.

6)secure the master cylinder on the vice.

7)this is when you'll need the two break lines from junk yard because they will need to be screwd into the master cylinder and the 1/8 rubber tbing placed onto them.

8) place a rubber band ( i actually used the band around my latex glove)around the tbes to hold them in place and moving around so they stay submerged in fluid, at this point refill master cylinder with brake fluild.it should look some what like this:

9)now use the 3/8 extension and place it into the master cylinder and push it into it,not to fast not to slow,you should see small air bubbles in the fluid. pump then pause is the way to do it intill you see no more bubbls after pumping and holding.

10) after you've bleed the cylinder, camp the lines right before you install it back on the booster. when you remove the clamp some brake fluid will come out, not to worry about air entering cylinder as long as it dosent take you so long to put back the break line before it runs out of fluid.

11)install the rest of cylinder and your done. the next step is to bleed the brake lines.

I did this because i let air enter my master cylinder after letting the resivor go bone dry from rebuilding my calipers,but this should be done if air ever enters the system.this took me about 3hrs.not to hard to do and i really just took my swet time cuz i had company over.hope this helps some one out. thanks for reading.(and yeah the chicks are over 18 yrs)
    Last edited by ezekiel.glnt; 04-17-2009 at 01:22 AM

nice. you should make more how to's:

;)

you had some "company" over. lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    nice. you should make more how to's:

;)

you had some "company" over. lol
    thnx man & yeahhh... just a "lil" company.
    Last edited by ezekiel.glnt; 05-27-2009 at 11:47 PM