The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **official aggressive wheel thread**

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 410
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Well, I'll also be camber corrected in the rear.. I really don't want to have to cut the fenders. I have no problem rolling them. I really like the rota torques. I'm still confused as to what is better, a lower number offset or higher. I really want to be abl to clear brembos. So what size torques would I need to clear em, with camber correction, at what offset? And if you name an offset and say I can go as much as 35 or whatever. As much as 35 from 0-35 or 35-100? Still not understanding offset.. =(
    offset is simple. for a given width (in your case 8"), the lower the offset, the more the wheels are pushed out away from the car's lengthwise centerline; the higher the offset the more the wheels are pushed in closer to the car's centerline. stock offset for our cars is +46mm. the reason you will need a lower offset than stock to clear the EVO BREMBO's is because you need much more room behind the spokes of the wheel. as a rule of thumb, depending on spoke profile design, wheels with a lower offset will offer more room behind the spokes because the wheels are pushed out further from the car.

now here's where it gets mildly less simple. a more narrow wheel can have a lower offset and still stick out EXACTLY the same as a wider wheel with a high offset (and a wider wheel w/ a higher offset might stick out the same as well). the point is offset and width have to be taken into consideration TOGETHER to determine final fitament for clearance to fender and suspension.

example:

8" +35mm
    would stick out exactly as much as
    7.5" +29mm
    would stick out exaclty as much as
    8.5" +41mm

but not all of these sizes are guranteed to fit the EVO BREMBO's. that is more a function of the spoke design. to fit brakes that big, the less lip you have AND the lower offset you have, the better chances you have of fitting those big front calipers (ther rear calipers are muich smaller so the front really dictates how much room you need).

would these fit brembos if i add a hmm say 8mm spacer? the are 18x8 with 43.. or am i better off with getting the 30 offset one, how much work to fit the 30 compared to 43... fender rolling and cutting alot?
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=Car%2FMinivan

Experienced TGC Member
    It depends on the spoke design, notice I said an offset of +35 is specifically for "ROTA TORQUES" I dont know for other rims. For example my old rims had an offset of +42, I had to use a 25mm spacer to fit the brakes, taking it to an effective offset of +17. So again Ill say, just like everyone else said, IT DEPENDS ON SPOKE DESIGN.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

30 offset are a bitch to make it work without rubbing but the wide track is great
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    It depends on the spoke design, notice I said an offset of +35 is specifically for "ROTA TORQUES" I dont know for other rims. For example my old rims had an offset of +42, I had to use a 25mm spacer to fit the brakes, taking it to an effective offset of +17. So again Ill say, just like everyone else said, IT DEPENDS ON SPOKE DESIGN.
    holy cow, how did you fit them, what were they like 17s?
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    30 offset are a bitch to make it work without rubbing but the wide track is great
    what you mean bitch lol, like a bitch as in just once, or like an annoying bitch lol that never goes away...

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    depends on wheel width. You could have a +30 17x7 that would work just fine.

In fact you could have a +30mm wheel with just about any width. Backspacing and overall width are the main things to consider. Offset and wheel spoke design matter when required to clear big brakes (at least for the most part).

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    offset is simple. for a given width (in your case 8"), the lower the offset, the more the wheels are pushed out away from the car's lengthwise centerline; the higher the offset the more the wheels are pushed in closer to the car's centerline. stock offset for our cars is +46mm. the reason you will need a lower offset than stock to clear the EVO BREMBO's is because you need much more room behind the spokes of the wheel. as a rule of thumb, depending on spoke profile design, wheels with a lower offset will offer more room behind the spokes because the wheels are pushed out further from the car.

now here's where it gets mildly less simple. a more narrow wheel can have a lower offset and still stick out EXACTLY the same as a wider wheel with a high offset (and a wider wheel w/ a higher offset might stick out the same as well). the point is offset and width have to be taken into consideration TOGETHER to determine final fitament for clearance to fender and suspension.

example:

8" +35mm
    would stick out exactly as much as
    7.5" +29mm
    would stick out exaclty as much as
    8.5" +41mm

but not all of these sizes are guranteed to fit the EVO BREMBO's. that is more a function of the spoke design. to fit brakes that big, the less lip you have AND the lower offset you have, the better chances you have of fitting those big front calipers (ther rear calipers are muich smaller so the front really dictates how much room you need).

You just cleared up EVERYTHING for me.. Thanks a million!

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    2nd one hands down

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Second one Jeff.

QNZ currently has the real wheels the second ones u linked to are copies of (WORK CR-KAI) on his 8G right now if you wanna see what they might look like:

btw, if it were me i'd stay away from knockoffs... there are plenty of wheels out there that are much nicer for not much more money. the ROTA's u orginally were asking about are MUCH better than DRAG.

If I had the money to invest in those, I definitely would.. I have other plans for the car, the 6G74 swap is first. then exhaust, then wheels brakes and coils.. I'm just doing my research way ahead of time..

blue8g
    If I had the money to invest in those, I definitely would.. I have other plans for the car, the 6G74 swap is first. then exhaust, then wheels brakes and coils.. I'm just doing my research way ahead of time..
    please just buy used real wheels, trust me you'll be much happier

i could have gotten used cr-kai 18x8 +42 (I know it's not quite the right size but nothing a smaller spacer couldn't fix) with 225/40/18 tires for 700.....the same or less than knockoffs

Silver_8G

What size tire is he running on the wheels?

He is running 225/40/18 size tires

blue8g
    are these still on his car?

lol

No, these are in his living room, doubling as end tables.

blue8g
    ooo i'm jealous of his furniture

well my new set-up is fairly aggressive..i ought to have pics soon

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    He is running 225/40/18 size tires
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    No, these are in his living room, doubling as end tables.
    how comes you is talkings in 3rd persons?

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    how comes you is talkings in 3rd persons?
    i don't but this other guy (blue8g) is enjoying it, i wonder if he is

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast