The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **official aggressive wheel thread**

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 410
    Experienced TGC Member
    And this guy here, has the rota knock-off's. He paid 350 for the set w/tires. :)

03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

blue8g
    would i be able to run 18x8.5 +40 with 225/40/18 tires? i feel like that'd work but i wanna check

*May* get close to the rear upper control arm/knuckle.

Travis has 18x8.5 +35 Enkei's on his. Mine are 19x8 +40mm and are VERY close to the rear knuckle. Though each car is a little different, so it really requires test fitting the wheels. At worst you could run a small spacer to compensate (5mm)

i feel this is the right spot, ok so i'm getting works cr kai.... but i'm also getting fender flares, so what offset could i run with that will i guess "flow" with the fender flares, and from what i have been reading its the front we gotta worry about corret? i was thinking 18x8.5 with a 235 tire, with either 37mm or 35mm offset, i would like to go as low as i can without having any problems... any advice?

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    *May* get close to the rear upper control arm/knuckle.

Travis has 18x8.5 +35 Enkei's on his. Mine are 19x8 +40mm and are VERY close to the rear knuckle. Though each car is a little different, so it really requires test fitting the wheels. At worst you could run a small spacer to compensate (5mm)
    well i have 17x8 +40 now and they fit fine.....

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    i feel this is the right spot, ok so i'm getting works cr kai.... but i'm also getting fender flares, so what offset could i run with that will i guess "flow" with the fender flares, and from what i have been reading its the front we gotta worry about corret? i was thinking 18x8.5 with a 235 tire, with either 37mm or 35mm offset, i would like to go as low as i can without having any problems... any advice?

Craig (fatal1) had a set of 19x8.5 wheels with +35 offset IIRC I thought they looked perfectly tucking in the fender flares. Without flares tho, the wheels stick out a bit.

^^ so you think the 35mm will clear the front stock struts... yeah i don't wanna go for the roller skate look... thanks qnz

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    well i have 17x8 +40 now and they fit fine.....
    The difference is that your 8" wheels have about a 6" backspacing. An 8.5" +40mm offset generally runs between a 6.30-6.5" backspacing. That is tight to be sure in the rear. But being an 18", and running a 225 should allow for extra clearance. I can tell you I'd have a tough time fitting an 19x8.5 +40mm on my G in the rear without hitting the rear knuckle.

^^ so you think the 35mm will clear the front stock struts... yeah i don't wanna go for the roller skate look... thanks qnz
    Yes, it will clear the struts front and rear. You 'could' run even a +25 to +30 with mild camber in front and rear and fit flush to the stock fenders, even lower with fender flares. Though, not sure how extreme you really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Yes, it will clear the struts front and rear. You 'could' run even a +25 to +30 with mild camber in front and rear and fit flush to the stock fenders, even lower with fender flares. Though, not sure how extreme you really want it.
    i guess i really don't know lol, i mean if you go 25 or 30 that requires cutting, and i don't think i'm really up to that lol

blue8g
    thanks dave....i'm considering a trade for the bbs...although it'll be hella temporary i don't like the wheels lol.......i love the offer though

so i found some wheels for a steal it is a 18x8.5 25mm offset, i am curious, how much work am i'm talking about for them to fit the rear, oh and i am running fender flares. I guess i'm asking how much fender rolling/ cutting will i have to do to to make the rears fit with camber adjusted right.. well i guess within tolerances...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    so i found some wheels for a steal it is a 18x8.5 25mm offset, i am curious, how much work am i'm talking about for them to fit the rear, oh and i am running fender flares. I guess i'm asking how much fender rolling/ cutting will i have to do to to make the rears fit with camber adjusted right.. well i guess within tolerances...
    while as qnz said i had a wide wheel. the fimensions he gave were correct. they looked great with the fender flares, when i lowered the car to my liking with them on they rubbed on the flare and actually tore one off a little. if i raised the car some i had little to no problems with a slight negative camber but while they looked great the practicality of them wasnt.
    i had them with a minor fender roll but you couldmake them fit better with cutting out the fender entirely. the 25 offset may be a bit much though without more extensive cutting to the wheel well

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If you give me a week I can tell you for sure. I ordered CR-Kai's last week, 18x8.5 +25 in matte gunmetal, so yeah thats it, the cat is out of the bag.......
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    If you give me a week I can tell you for sure. I ordered CR-Kai's last week, 18x8.5 +25 in matte gunmetal, so yeah thats it, the cat is out of the bag.......
    Those are very heavy

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Remember how much power im making : )

Not worried about it. Besides, they are a few ounces lighter than the konigs that im coming from.
    Last edited by Stewi; 06-29-2010 at 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    ha ha, yeah i was looking at those after i found out rota doesn't make the torques anymore in the offset that i wanted.... but 1300 is a bit much right now lol, all i know is they stick out 38mm more compared to oem offset, but i guess its worth a try lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Those are very heavy
    compared to what? gram lights? yeah, cheap o rims? not really, i would rather have a sturdy rim and a bit heavy compared to mush lol
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-29-2010 at 10:02 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

blue8g
    compared to what? gram lights? yeah, cheap o rims? not really, i would rather have a sturdy rim and a bit heavy compared to mush lol
    many things....gram lights...although they are a strong wheel...just a very heavy wheel for what it is...

good point Stewi

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar

19x8.5, +32, 235/35-19 tires

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

im running 18x8 +15 with an 8mm spacer. thats like 8.5 +13. take away the camber kit and you should be flush as long as you shave the QP and run a 215

depends on the tire size you run really.... , what size are you going with?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast