The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **official aggressive wheel thread**

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Showing results 241 to 260 of 410
    blue8g
    facepalm he's in WI

Quote Originally Posted by apascruz View Post
    what can i do to fit my 18's on my 8g, tires are 18x8-245/45/18.
    i try them on but the tires hit the shock support.

if i put some wheels spacers, u think they gonna fit or do I have to change my springs to coilovers
    changing tires will help your outer clearance, but if you're hitting on the inner wheel edge, you'll need spacers or coil-overs. with the spacers pushing the wheel outward tho, it'll probably mean you'll need different tires too, but i wouldnt spend the money before you know for sure once the wheel is fitted up properly. i know greddy has some work done to fit his 255's but he's also lowered. if youre at stock ride height, you might be ok with the tires you have on if you make sure you drive like a grandma over bumps and potholes. you got a pm...
    Last edited by 03chi-town0z; 10-25-2010 at 09:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 03chi-town0z View Post
    changing tires will help your outer clearance, but if you're hitting on the inner wheel edge, you'll need spacers or coil-overs. with the spacers pushing the wheel outward tho, it'll probably mean you'll need different tires too, but i wouldnt spend the money before you know for sure once the wheel is fitted up properly. i know greddy has some work done to fit his 255's but he's also lowered. if youre at stock ride height, you might be ok with the tires you have on if you make sure you drive like a grandma over bumps and potholes. you got a pm...
    The tire size Greddy is running has a rolling diameter of 25.03". That is near perfect as far as overall rolling diameter, excluding the width. A 245/45R18 is 26.68", that is a full 1.65" taller than what greddy is running. Not to mention he probably has wheels that are a higher offset too, further complicating his mounting issues.

I would trash the 245/45R18s in favor of the standard 225/40R18s and call it a day.

youre right, plus with speedo/odo numbers being off too. it's not how i'd go about it personally, but i just figured theres no reason to just throw away a set of tires if theyre in good shape, especially if the guy is tight on funds. unfortunately we dont have enough information like offset for the wheel or whether or not the car is lowered, so a perfect answer cannot be given at this point. i also spoke with him via pm and he was originally going to consider a 215 or 225 /30 tire if he had to slim down and i told him to stick with a 40 profile for just the same reasons you are giving. i personally am in love with the tire size calculator on the miata forum site! http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html lol. but he's still going to need to run spacers or coil-overs for that inner rubbing that he's got before he'll even know whether or not the tires he has now will rub on the fender for sure
    Last edited by 03chi-town0z; 10-25-2010 at 11:34 PM

OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Anyone ever run anything close to 16x7+13 front, 16x8 -10 rear?

Stays Flossin'

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    16's are pretty tiny for our car IMO. seems like those would be for honda wheels

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    4g63_lover is running 16 x 6.5 I think with 15mm spacers? I don't know where that puts the offset but they look pretty good IMO

Well I'm going in a different direction than most galants doing a different style, just wondering if anyone has anything close to those wheel offsets/sizes

Stays Flossin'

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Anyone ever run anything close to 16x7+13 front, 16x8 -10 rear?
    Your not getting an 8" wide wheel with a negative offset in the back unless you leave the car at stock ride height and stiffen the suspension to the point where it can never compress more than about 3" You would need to limit suspension travel so the wheel would never go up high enough to hit the quarter panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Yeah its not happening man lowest offset I'd recommend for a 16x8 would be in the high teens and you'll need mad camber and some serious stretch to make that work
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

VIPtint was running 18x8 +7 (with spacers). Problem is running a 16" wheel with 3 degrees of camber. You would not likely have clearance issues, especially since you can get 195/60R16s which should clear just fine. The problem will be the lower portion of the rear suspension. I'm not sure if you will be able to clear the suspension. And no, no one has ever had anything close to those sizes and offsets. Although, I've done quite a lot of math on this, and a 8" +0 wheel should work. I put 19x10 +25 on the rear of my 8G, and it JUST barely cleared the rear knuckle.

A 16x8 +0mm would sit the same as a 19x10 +25mm. A 16x8 -10mm would stick out 10mm more.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 01-05-2011 at 07:20 PM

so im ordering these on Friday but here is issue, the vendor has these all four 18x8 and the option for the rear to be 18x9 4x114.3 i know that staggered wheels on an import is not really practical. But it would look so aggressive. What to do?

Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    18x9 is a REALLY tight fit..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    18x9 is a REALLY tight fit..
    18x9 +30-35mm is butter with 225/40R18s, on a 8G. 7G shouldn't be that much tighter.

The 16x8-10 would "fit" with a big stretch and camber, and be sexy as hell, i put fit in quotations because it all depends what you consider fitting, to me i want it to be flush or have some poke, so it would have worked with the fenders rolled and pulled which is no foreign thing to me,but the 16x7+13 didn't clear the front calipers.

Also has anyone ever taken the rear lip and pulled it out and smoothed it out as a flare instead of rolling it into the fender? I know some of my S chassis friends do it dunno if it's been done here yet.

Stays Flossin'

its a +38 offset, and my fenders are flared, may need to shave a bit .

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    18x9 +30-35mm is butter with 225/40R18s, on a 8G. 7G shouldn't be that much tighter.
    i was thinking more like 215/40/18, but the staggerd look is my issue.

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    The 16x8-10 would "fit" with a big stretch and camber, and be sexy as hell, i put fit in quotations because it all depends what you consider fitting, to me i want it to be flush or have some poke, so it would have worked with the fenders rolled and pulled which is no foreign thing to me,but the 16x7+13 didn't clear the front calipers.

Also has anyone ever taken the rear lip and pulled it out and smoothed it out as a flare instead of rolling it into the fender? I know some of my S chassis friends do it dunno if it's been done here yet.
    Eww Hellaflush drift fanboi

Icon13 you jelly

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Eww Hellaflush drift fanboi
    <3 the haters

"hellaflush", no
    Fanboi, no

I did drift for a long period of time and am picking up another car to do so, and have been doing so and following it locally for 6+ years, before any of the F&F junk about it.

I like the look of a car with the wheels and tires up as close to filling the fender as possible.

I feel this...

Looks much better than this...

And I love when people look at my car and have to ask how that even fits, Ive had "hellaflush" wheels for the past 3 years before everyone and thier mother had them, not on stretched tires either, on 275s, so im not new to any of this and im not doing it to get onto some stupid website, im doing it because I think it looks good, because in the end, its your car, you should do what you want to do, not what other people want for it.

Stays Flossin'

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast