The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: **official aggressive wheel thread**

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 410
    Experienced TGC Member
    Dirty ass ugly brembos, cant believe you didnt paint them or anything.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    315/35-17 lol
    Man, I wish we could fit 315's on the Galant. Nice Stang!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Dirty ass ugly brembos, cant believe you didnt paint them or anything.
    I didn't paint them because when I put them on the clear wasn't peeling, the were 8 out of 10 shape, 8 track days later this is what happens :) I don't expect them to stay pretty from the use that they get, I do want to take them apart this summer and rebuild them and get them powedercoated, but hey, they work for what I use them for, and that's all i care about atm
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Noob question.. I wanna get a pair of rota torques @ 18x8 with 48 offset. I want something aggressive but not to the point where I have to roll my fenders. I also want to fit brembos under them. Would that size work? Offset confuses the shit out of me.. =|

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I didn't paint them because when I put them on the clear wasn't peeling, the were 8 out of 10 shape, 8 track days later this is what happens :) I don't expect them to stay pretty from the use that they get, I do want to take them apart this summer and rebuild them and get them powedercoated, but hey, they work for what I use them for, and that's all i care about atm
    read up about brembos and powdercoating. it's not good for them, since you use them for performance. high temp paint is the way to go

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Noob question.. I wanna get a pair of rota torques @ 18x8 with 48 offset. I want something aggressive but not to the point where I have to roll my fenders. I also want to fit brembos under them. Would that size work? Offset confuses the shit out of me.. =|
    wont work

wheel offset and width only go so far for when it comes to fitting a bbk. its mostly shape and design of the spokes. the torques are a good choice as the spokes shape fits well with brembos and most bbk options. with the offset i would say go into the 30's you need I believe +32mm to fit over brembos. you will need some spacers i believe. with my spacers i am at +31mm and i have to roll my rear fenders.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    wheel offset and width only go so far for when it comes to fitting a bbk. its mostly shape and design of the spokes. the torques are a good choice as the spokes shape fits well with brembos and most bbk options. with the offset i would say go into the 30's you need I believe +32mm to fit over brembos. you will need some spacers i believe. with my spacers i am at +31mm and i have to roll my rear fenders.
    I agree, also. People buy Evo wheels to fit the Brembos, right?? So why not buy a set of aftermarket wheels for an Evo and you will know for sur that it will work, just saying?? Makes sense??

Ray most aftermarket evo wheels are too wide/too low offset to fit in the Galant body
    Jeff you will need 15 at least for those wheels you wanna shoot for an offset between 38 and 30 if you go much lower you'll need to run mad - camber

Ray most aftermarket evo wheels are too wide/too low offset to fit in the Galant body
    Jeff you will need 15 at least for those wheels you wanna shoot for an offset between 38 and 30 if you go much lower you'll need to run mad - camber

Experienced TGC Member
    I'm running 35 and I rolled my fenders but that's also because I'm runnin a 245/45 tire. Jeff if u wanted to run torques in an 18x8 ur gonna need et35 that'll clear brembos, ur gonna prolly run like a 225 40 or 225 35 to minimize the amount of fender work.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Jeff you will need at least 15mm spacers for those wheels you wanna shoot for an offset between 38 and 30 if you go much lower you'll need to run mad - camber
    fixt!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Well, I'll also be camber corrected in the rear.. I really don't want to have to cut the fenders. I have no problem rolling them. I really like the rota torques. I'm still confused as to what is better, a lower number offset or higher. I really want to be abl to clear brembos. So what size torques would I need to clear em, with camber correction, at what offset? And if you name an offset and say I can go as much as 35 or whatever. As much as 35 from 0-35 or 35-100? Still not understanding offset.. =(

Experienced TGC Member
    The magic number that you want for offset is +35

If it's not made in +35 do I go lower or higher.

Experienced TGC Member
    If it's not made in plus 35 you want to go to lower numbers but that means the wheel will stick out further, increasing the chance of rubbing

here you go my galant brother
    http://flushstance.ccwheel.com/?page_id=635
    this helped me understand with the diagrams and the definitions made sense with the pictures. add the backspace and the frontspace and you should get the wheels overall width. :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Well, I'll also be camber corrected in the rear.. I really don't want to have to cut the fenders. I have no problem rolling them. I really like the rota torques. I'm still confused as to what is better, a lower number offset or higher. I really want to be abl to clear brembos. So what size torques would I need to clear em, with camber correction, at what offset? And if you name an offset and say I can go as much as 35 or whatever. As much as 35 from 0-35 or 35-100? Still not understanding offset.. =(
    18x8 +35mm (preferably +40mm) with a 225/40R18 and you should be money. Minor fender rollage may be required.

Experienced TGC Member
    With the rota torques the magic offset is +35 any higher you wont clear the brembos, any more and you will have major fender rubbage.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Jeff if your going to camber correct the rear on a 18x8 +35 offset wheel, your going to need to roll the fenders and run a tiny tire. Like a 215. I run 18x8 +35 with a 40 series tire, I have about 2 degrees negative camber and my rear inner quarter panels are cut/folded up and I only have about 10mm clearance. If I was to camber correct it, I would have almost no clearance and thats with the inners cut/folded up. I your rolling it, you will have less clearance versus cutting/folding.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast