The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car won't start!!

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Icon5 Car won't start!!

Ok so I turned the key and just heard a "clicking" sound (starter) replaced! then the car still would not start (battery) replaced! Car still wouldn't start, Autozone says it's a bad connection to the starter solenoid, whatever! I attempted to jump start the car with no luck, followed all wires coming from starter to battery to ground and nothing out of the ordinary!! I did notice that when I turn the key to "on position" there is a clicking sound coming from somewhere under the throttlebody (IDK). Does anyone have any idea what the hell is wrong with my Galant......2003 I4

Did you check the ground wire that goes from your firewall to the engine? If thats broken, your car will have a bad ground. Just check all connections from the battery and make sure there's not corrosion build up and connectors are all tight.

Your problem sounds like a poor connection somewhere to me.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Aight, so I got some "old head" advice, a few different people have witnessed what the car has been doing and they are telling me it is the ignition switch...I checked all ground connections to and from the firewall, starter, alternator, battery they all seem to be in very good condition. Has anyone had any experience working with the ignition?!? Is it a pretty easy job or should I take it to a shop?? I Thank everyone