The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keyless Entry Instructions

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 84
    GalantSilver99
    Can anybody get me the picture that HondaKillaz was showing on the first page, I am trying to program my remote and I want to make sure I got the right terminal

ksdprasad
    Any Pictures of DLC (Data Link Connector) of 2000 8G.

.....I think the best way to identify it is like wcc2003
    said, with the magnifying glass and a flashlight....u can see the numbers on it

hey guys im a lil confused... u some of u guys say ground pin 1... from the the pic above, is that the reason why it goes on registration mode?? soo pin 1 isnt actually a ground then right (im tthinking why am i grounding to ground)??? just got cofused why people are telling me too hook both 1 and 4 up...how did u guys hook it up to the actual terminal though???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You don't have to hook 1 & 4 up - just stick a wire into pin 1 and run it to any ground - and make sure your door is closed - then follow the instructions

sweet now mu hurn honks so i know when it is locked

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I created a thread in the "How To" sections of the boards on programming keyless entry remotes.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28357

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

how can i make my car keyless if not standerd

I have a question if my car didnt come with a factory keyless entry what factory parts will i need from another galant to make it work. I have 2000 es galant and i tried programing my key fob, i grounded term 1 to the medal part of the pedal but it wont go in to the secret mode after the rest of the steps. im going to call the dealer and ask if i have it. i just want to know if i dont have keyless what modules/parts do i need from another galant or mitsubishi . If i do have keyless my teacher just told me to ground straight to - part of the battery. thanks

yeah i have did some research and i know the keyless steps by heart.

617Lowrider
    do all galants come with alarms?

Ok, here's what I did on my 2003 Galant ES, which I purchased earlier this month. It came with only one key and no remote.

I was very unsure about which remote to buy in the first place. I did quite a bit of searching on various Galant forums, eBay and elsewhere on the Internet. That work led me to believe I needed a remote with lock, unlock and trunk buttons. FCC code OUCG8D-525M-A seemed to be the right one. I called the local Mitsubishi dealer, gave their parts guy my vin and he said I needed part number MR-587980. Another Internet search using that part number confirmed that the results of my earlier research were correct and I ordered one off eBay from Remote Supermarket. It was actually a used Mitsubishi remote, not an aftermarket piece.

Again I searched the forums and the 'net and studied the service manual for programming instructions and figured I knew how to do it. However, on Saturday after many attempts I gave up...very frustrated thinking I had bought the wrong remote. I went back to the computer for more answers and decided to try the following procedure the next day.

(In this order)
    Key in ignition. (Don't turn it on...just put it in)
    Door closed (actually a piece of tape to hold the dome light button down)
    Ground Pin 1 on the OBD II connector to the negative post of the battery...push the emergency flasher switch 6 times...all within 10 seconds. The locks went up and down and I finally had the car in the remote programming mode. I think it's important to note that I did the grounding and the button pushing all within ten seconds. I used some alligator clips to help make the ground connection while sitting in the front seat.

Once the car was in the programming mode I pushed the Lock button on the remote three times within ten seconds. That made the locks go up and down again. I removed the ground connection and the key and tested my remote. It actually worked. First attempt. I was elated since my earlier attempts failed to get the car in the programming mode in the first place.

I would say that following these steps in this order would work for anyone, provided they had the right remote. Again, this worked for a 2003 Galant ES. YRMV. I know some people say connect pins 1 and 4 and I was going to try that next, but didn't need to. So I don't know if that is necessary.

Thought I'd pass this on in case it may help someone. I know I was really frustrated after my first attempts failed.

I did buy another key, but yet to have it programmed. More on that later.
    Last edited by rsievers; 12-15-2008 at 03:43 PM
    2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES

TGC Regular
    Rsievers, thanks for the info and the programming steps. I'm in the exact same boat right now. I just bought another (yep I got 2 now) Galant from the auction, and it only came with 1 key and no FOBs. I needed that FCC ID number and steps to program it as a standby.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY View Post
    Rsievers, thanks for the info and the programming steps. I'm in the exact same boat right now. I just bought another (yep I got 2 now) Galant from the auction, and it only came with 1 key and no FOBs. I needed that FCC ID number and steps to program it as a standby.
    My searches seemed to indicate that a different FCC number corresponds to earlier 8Gs so be careful. Earlier Galants had different button configurations as well. I think just lock and unlock. I shoulda made notes on everything I found. But I do know the FCC number that I list does work on the 2003 Galant.

BTW, I couldn't find anything on alarms or the "panic" button remotes and assumed that 03's don't have that feature. Another thing I found is that if there's no key hole for your trunk...it is opened by a remote....and of course the lever by the driver's seat.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rsievers View Post
    My searches seemed to indicate that a different FCC number corresponds to earlier 8Gs so be careful. Earlier Galants had different button configurations as well. I think just lock and unlock. I shoulda made notes on everything I found. But I do know the FCC number that I list does work on the 2003 Galant.

BTW, I couldn't find anything on alarms or the "panic" button remotes and assumed that 03's don't have that feature. Another thing I found is that if there's no key hole for your trunk...it is opened by a remote....and of course the lever by the driver's seat.
    I have a '99 too, and it has the 2 button remote. (If anyone needs the FCC ID # on the back, just let me know and I'll post it.) But yeah Rsievers, I noticed those remotes with the panic button and wondered if we could use them. I know my cousin's '96 has this function on his factory remote that honks the horn when it's pressed and also if someone gains entry by using the interior door handle, when it's locked. I went by the dealership to see it it has a factory alarm, and they said that if it did, you would see an emblem of a car with a key on it, on the dash where the other warning lights are, when you lock the car. Also I noticed the fact about popping the trunk with the lever or by remote.

Does anyone know if you can disable the interior trunk lever? I only ask cause the last few times that my '99 got broken in to, they used this lever to steal the items in the trunk. On this Galant I want to prevent it before it starts. I'm thinking about maybe getting a trunk piece from an earlier model with the keyhole, and transferring it over and hopefully still be able to keep the power trunk release.

617Lowrider
    Does any1 kno the type of remote needed for an 01 gallant?

Does your trunk have a keyhole? If not, my guess is that you need a two button remote with lock and unlock. With FCC number HYQ12ABA. Again, that all just a guess, don't hold me to it. Look for 'em on eBay.

If your trunk has no keyhole, you probably need a three button remote, lock, unlock and trunk. But I think the FCC number would be the same.

This may be the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...Q5fAccessories

Quote Originally Posted by 617Lowrider View Post
    Does any1 kno the type of remote needed for an 01 gallant?
    Two button.

This is my experience.

My 02 G ES didn't had a remote when I bought it. So I ordered one with 3 buttons from ebay (FCC ID OUCG8D-525M-A).

I went through the instructions in the tutorials but I'm without success yet. I tried both connecting pin 1 of data port to pin 4 and connecting pin 1 to the negative of the battery. Yet I couldn't enter to the secret mode.

And, yes, I tried replacing the battery of remote. During trying once I blew up the fuse of the RKE circuit and had to replace it.

Any suggestions ???
    Last edited by nadeepa; 12-25-2008 at 11:12 AM

only applys to after market radio with a ground wire.

this is how i did my keyless entry programing it took a wile to figure it out but it worked like a charm...i wasnt grounding the wire right so this how i made sure. if your after market radio works it has a proper ground .

when your doing these steps it all has to be done under 10 secondes total

step 1: plug a wire into terminal one . this way you dont have to keep
    going back under the dash to restart.

step 2: pull out the radio diconect it and use its ground wire(usually black) to connect to terminal 1 wire. this way you know you have a complete and working ground. this begins the 10 second count down.

step 3: put the key in and leave it at lock/off

step 4: press the hazard button 6 times. the doors should unlock and lock

step 5: press eney button on the keyless entry 3 times. and the doors should lock and unlock and then pull the key out and every thing is done.

tips 1) your wire wont ground unless its tightly on to a medal surface propley like your - battery term for ex if its not tight = no proper ground.

2) keep doors shut and locked before the programing and make sure the dome lights are off before you start.

3)programing step 2 and 3 can be interchangeble if it dosnt work out the other way.
    just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 12-25-2008 at 05:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 617Lowrider View Post
    do all galants come with alarms?
    no

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast