The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why yes, I am an uber-n00b

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    blue8g

Why yes, I am an uber-n00b

honest question....

do the plastic pieces around the steering column (grey, two pieces small piece above, larger piece below, key hole is located on bottom piece) just pop out or does other stuff have to get removed? i'll post a pic of what i'm talking about in a minute

check under neath it may have skrews i know in my 89 montero it did

well make sure you disconnect the battery to prevent the airbag from going off.

I've never had to remove mine but by the looks of it you might need to remove the steering wheel. which means you are going to need some torx bits.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

there are 2 screws that hold the bottom piece in. I forgot how the top piece discconects but im assuming more screws after you remove the bottom piece. the screws should be right next to lever you pull down to adjust the steering wheel height

In my 7G there are 4 screws in deep wells in the bottom, then the top pops off because the screws from the bottom hold in on to. I had to pull my gauge bezel off for clearance.

There are screws on the under side. i had to remove mine to replace the switch that turns the car on. mine wouldnt turn off after you turned the car on. just unscrew and go to town on whatever you have planned.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!