The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: COIL Pack gets hot?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

COIL Pack gets hot?

Last week I got in a big hurry and went to a car wash and hosed the engine bay off without covering any sensors.

got back into the car and drive it 3 miles back home , car sat for 2 hours then I loaded kids back up and drove it 1/4 mile if that and it died. Tried to start but would not. So next day I had the car towed to a service center that were not really sure what the problem was but said it would not fire so they replace a electronic senor... cost me $326 w/ labor and testing...

car drove great for 300 miles.

Today I'm on my way back home and the car goes to 2 cylinders so I drive 3 miles to a service center. Pop the hood and the coil pack was cracked and really hot. I changed the coil pack $82 and the car drove fine for 3 miles to my parents house then I tried to go somewhere else and the car did the same thing and coil pack got hot again. I removed the coil pack swapped it for another at Autozone for free and changed the spark plugs also because they were @ .060 !!! my car says .039 to .041. car runs again and runs better than ever ( bought 200 Galant in Sept 2009 - put 9000 miles on since )

I got maybe another 1/4 mile in parents neighborhood and it starts to run like crap, get it back home and damn coil pack is running hot.

Whats next? Take it back to the service center and say you didn't fix the issue?

Help....
    Last edited by davidtemple; 04-11-2010 at 05:42 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    something could be wet still did you check the distributor cap see if theres moisture in there but i would go to the service center and give them shit...lol but check the dist. cap 1st...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    something could be wet still did you check the distributor cap see if theres moisture in there but i would go to the service center and give them shit...lol but check the dist. cap 1st...
    No distributor since this is a 4cyl with coil packs.

It should not be wet still I drove it atleast 300 miles

thanks