The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18" Wheels on 8G Galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

18" Wheels on 8G Galant

I have read that typically 18" wheels typically don't fit the 8G without rubbing, is this true? I have the stock suspension still and a friend is selling 18" Akuza 429 Rims with falken tires, 2009, 3000 miles on them.

Originally on a 2003 Nissan 350z.

Comments?

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

this might answer your question: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=18010

thats if you know the sizing of the wheels and tires you're getting

-RON

blue8g
    don't get wheels until you lower it

$500 OBO sounds like a pretty good deal

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

galant is 5x114.3
    nissan 350Z 5x 114.3

the tires may be too big for a galant...

the ideal tire size for 350 are 255/40 --- 275/40

and for the galant is 225/40

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    It's the offset that you want to worry about, not size. You can fit 22s on a Galant if the offset and BS is correct. On those wheels you will need to go with a 225 tire and will look a little stretched, also 350Z use staggered set ups. Make sure these aren't. 18x?? Offset?? Ask him.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-15-2010 at 11:19 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    i had 215/45r18 on mine and absolutely no rubbing the biggest you can go without rubbing is 19's

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    i had 215/45r18 on mine and absolutely no rubbing the biggest you can go without rubbing is 19's
    That's not true at all. It's all in the offset, width of the wheels, tires and back space. I had 225 40 19 on my 02 Galant, was dropped on coilovers and had no rubbing at all. I could have went to 20 easy.

Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-15-2010 at 11:33 PM

i love how people are still trying to give advice without understanding offset and width.

I had 18s no issues with 225s.

I believe that 350zs usually have around a 30 offset you can see that on the back of the rim so please get us the wheel width and offset and we can tell you how they will likely fit.

All of the stock rim offsets for a 350z will require fender modification depending on tire it can be a simple rolling or yo may have to pull them out a bit.

So assuming that he stuck within stock specs on the offset keep that in mind.

The tires from 350z will be too tall and probably too wide if he is within stock tire specs on a 2003 350z it should be about 3'' too large in circumference. You may be able to get away with it, but I wouldnt recommend keeping the 350z tires. So at this point you're looking at rims and new tires most likely which makes the rims not really worth it.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-15-2010 at 11:29 PM

I have a G35 and my offset on my stock wheels are +30 front +33 rear. so its gonna be tough to fit.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

... the biggest you can go without rubbing is 19's
    wrong.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    theres a plethora of wrong info in this thread, a mod should clean it up

Any of you EVER heard of town fair tire??? They factor in all that shit offset n what not b4 I lowered my car had the 215/45r18 on my G I'm not starting shit but all those people that taking shit that I'm wrong and what not look at the town fair tire website and check for yourself... they wouldn't wanna sell you shit if it was just gonna fuck up... DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING ON THE SCREEN. And I was talking about the biggest with a good size tire and not dropped. Fyi
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 04-16-2010 at 12:33 PM

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Any of you EVER heard of town fair tire??? They factor in all that shit offset n what not b4 I lowered my car had the 215/45r18 on my G I'm not starting shit but all those people that taking shit that I'm wrong and what not look at the town fair tire website and check for yourself... they wouldn't wanna sell you shit if it was just gonna fuck up... DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING ON THE SCREEN
    you do understand that some of us have more than 10+ years hands on experience on this platform? retailers always err on the SAFE SIDE so that less knowledgable people like yourself don't mess up their cars then blame them. the liability is not worth it to tell you that you can fit bigger sizes... but that doesn't mean they don't fit, it just means the risk is too high for them.

btw, i've never heard of town fair tire; should i have?

edit: o i just looked it up, it's a regional chain.

so out of curiosity, i looked up recommended tire/wheel combo on your "EXPERT" town fair website and it DOES NOT say you CAN'T fit bigger than 19, it just doesn't offer an option for bigger than 19.

also, according to town fair, you are running the wrong size tire... they suggest 225/40r18 (just like we do).

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    you do understand that some of us have more than 10+ years hands on experience on this platform? retailers always err on the SAFE SIDE so that less knowledgable people like yourself don't mess up their cars then blame them. the liability is not worth it to tell you that you can fit bigger sizes... but that doesn't mean they don't fit, it just means the risk is too high for them.
    See that's what I'm talking about... thank you for explaining that better reelax I know nothing about rims and tires I just fix cars that's my thing. I've owned one pair of aftermarket wheels since age 18. I'm 25 now and yes I am a less knowledgeable person in this department but I thought I would put in what I thought I knew. Yes I can see I was wroung but there was no need for anyone to jump down anyones throat. Isn't that the point for everyone to learn from everyone. See I learned something new.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

no i didnt mean bigger then 19 i meant 19 THE biggest i dont remember what size my 18s were i do remember a 45r18 in there i wish i had a pic.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Hands on experience trumps any schooling you have and I and many others here have just that. I personally have over 15 years of hands on experience with aftermarket world and Im also certified in many sections of the automotive world. Like Reelax said, websites do that because of liability reasons. If Jesse James and all these other shows followed what is recommended, there would be no custom cars. Just because you are going through school right now and learning a few steps, doesn't mean you know squat and judging by how you do things on your ride, you ain't learning anything. It's the truth dude, stop roughing your feathers at us.

I've only been on this forum for 3 years but I began my Galant journey back in 99, bought my first 8G model right when it came out. I've been doing and experimenting on the Galant since. Myself and many others have paved the way for you youngsters, so do me a favor and learn some respect or you will never make it in this industry.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-16-2010 at 01:05 PM

i wasnt even talking about school i was shopping last summer for rims and tires and thats what i saw. alot of you guys are only one sided on this forum. like alot of you guys started where im at at this point. and like i said i fix cars not only mitsu. aftermarket shit isnt my thing. so dont talk to me about respect im 25 yrs old dont talk to me like im a little kid. apparently i got some haters on this forum. read my signiture please that applys for all my haters. so fuck ya'll to my haters. obviously you know who you are...my number 1 hater^^^^ lmao

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast