The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Simple Question......Maybe

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Icon4 Simple Question......Maybe

Check water pump, thermostat, and hoses for leaks....

what will make my car coolant reservoir overflow?plan on checking radiator cap soon,no signs of a head gasket blown.....btw my fan cuts on whenever it feels like it....the fan motor is fine checked fuses also.....

any help is much appreciate.

does it sound like the coolant is boiling in the reservoir?
    does it have oil in it or is it foamy?
    is it over heating?
    what temp is the engine when this happens?

really doesn't overheat until it gets about 35 mins of driving, but it does boil in the reservoir with the temp at half way....no foam and last i checked no oil,i'll update you on that though

so if its boiling start buy getting a new cap (radiator).

then with the engine running fill the radiator with the coolant of your choice (don't open the cap when the car is hot) and water/coolant mix. I run 50/50 year round

then watch for leaks and check the fluid level. if its disappearing with no leaks you have a gasket problem.

as for the fan make sure your coolant temp sensor is in working order.

And the cooling fan only goes on when temp is rising a little above normal or when ur A/C is on :)

thanks for the help btw the fans don't turn on when the ac turns on or the temp rises....fan motor is fine btw fuses are too.

Check the wire that goes to the fan. I had a similar problem with my fan. Some electronic cleaningspray and it was fine :)

fan relay is the reason my fans won't cut on...where can i get one from