The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternater

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Alternater

I heard that jump starting the dead battery (due to leaving head lights etc) wont recharge even drove for 30min, and can damage alternater from over heating....I had this experince with my car even drove for 45 min...is it happen to anyone too? is it mean I have bad or damaged alternator??

No, it means you probably need to have your battery fully charged. Try your local Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone. They will charge it for free.

Thanks Boosted...but why some battery can charge but mine cant??? do I have special battery that cant charge?? or do I have bad alternator??
    Last edited by samurai; 05-12-2010 at 05:34 AM

if your car was running for 45 mins and battery isnt holding enough charge to start the car again then yeah its probably alternator.

its not hard to change... if you have an i4 anyways haha. clear the schedule if your doing it on a 6a12 or 13

Hi Starh4X

I thought so but when I did alternator test...such as removing -ve battery wire but did not stop the engine...is it still be bad alternator???

Only reason I jump started the car was because I left heatlights on over night and no more juice left in battery. But battery its self is relatively new and when wall pluged and charged it hold good voltage of 13.5v...

My engine is 4G93 Legnum.

Its possibly a bad battery, bad terminal cables, or a bad wire grounding somewhere. If your car is running 45 minutes after a jump and still running after battery disconnected alternator is fine. Go to auto part store and have them test battery if its cells are damaged or bad time to replace it.